Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed the srd 2's after making brackets for them, the wedge brackets suck!

I also have a black carpet on the way, I know the tan doesn't go w/the seats well.

Matt C.

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
What's wrong with the Wedge brackets...and how did you get around the problems you encountered?

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After waiting 3 months after I recieved the seats the brackets finally came. I went to mount them to the recaros and no holes were drilled into them in the correct spots. I confirmed the holes were for sparcos or some other aftermarket seat. I sent the brackets and my recaro sliders back to Wedge for them to see for themselves.

They sent back to me with the same brackets with no modifications made and only drill marks saying I needed to drill new holes in my sliders. I drilled the holes and they still were no were near where they needed to be to mount the sliders to the brackets. I then had to get some black steel strips from home depot, cut them, and drill mounting holes, test and adjust until the seats sat correctly. Overall, it would have saved me ALOT of time and ALOT of money to just make brackets from scratch IMO

Matt C.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
FastTurb o said:
After waiting 3 months after I recieved the seats the brackets finally came. I went to mount them to the recaros and no holes were drilled into them in the correct spots. I confirmed the holes were for sparcos or some other aftermarket seat. I sent the brackets and my recaro sliders back to Wedge for them to see for themselves.

They sent back to me with the same brackets with no modifications made and only drill marks saying I needed to drill new holes in my sliders. I drilled the holes and they still were no were near where they needed to be to mount the sliders to the brackets. I then had to get some black steel strips from home depot, cut them, and drill mounting holes, test and adjust until the seats sat correctly. Overall, it would have saved me ALOT of time and ALOT of money to just make brackets from scratch IMO

Matt C.

Matt,

Wedge makes seat brackets for both Recaro and Sparco and, FWIW, your experience with Wedge and the SRD 2s mirrors the experiences of my friends who purchased the first-generation SRDs. They received the seats first, in one case, six weeks earlier than the brackets (the others all took longer), and then they received the brackets, only to find out they had to have them modified to properly fit the seats.

Maybe the same thing happens to Sparco buyers as well, but I have more friends who have Sparcos (I have the Milanos) than Recaros and, to my knowledge, none of them have encountered the issues you described and the same issues encountered by my Recaro bretheren. Maybe its just as simple as Sparco brackets being sent with Recaro seats, but I feel your pain and know it had to be extremely frustrating.

The seats are bad-ass, btw. I can't wait to see the finished product. You gonna show the guys your "new" exhaust anytime soon?

Ken.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KenHenderson said:
Matt,

Wedge makes seat brackets for both Recaro and Sparco and, FWIW, your experience with Wedge and the SRD 2s mirrors the experiences of my friends who purchased the first-generation SRDs. They received the seats first, in one case, six weeks earlier than the brackets (the others all took longer), and then they received the brackets, only to find out they had to have them modified to properly fit the seats.

Maybe the same thing happens to Sparco buyers as well, but I have more friends who have Sparcos (I have the Milanos) than Recaros and, to my knowledge, none of them have encountered the issues you described and the same issues encountered by my Recaro bretheren. Maybe its just as simple as Sparco brackets being sent with Recaro seats, but I feel your pain and know it had to be extremely frustrating.

The seats are bad-ass, btw. I can't wait to see the finished product. You gonna show the guys your "new" exhaust anytime soon?

Ken.
Hey Ken, the exhaust looks and sounds badass. The car is all set except for the lack of my do luck front bumper and top secret side skirts. Those have been in transit for approximately 6 weeks. Don't worry, I'll drop you an email of the completed beast!

BTW, Wedge Verified these were the brackets for the recaros, they just don't make a direct bolt on for the recaros, doesn't make much sense to me, probably a bunch of BS.

All in all wasting 4 months of time I could have made custom brackets myself and saved $160.

PS. Ken, drop me an email with some hi res shots of your car, I need a new wallpaper! :)

Matt C.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
FastTurb o said:
Hey Ken, the exhaust looks and sounds badass. The car is all set except for the lack of my do luck front bumper and top secret side skirts. Those have been in transit for approximately 6 weeks. Don't worry, I'll drop you an email of the completed beast!

BTW, Wedge Verified these were the brackets for the recaros, they just don't make a direct bolt on for the recaros, doesn't make much sense to me, probably a bunch of BS.

All in all wasting 4 months of time I could have made custom brackets myself and saved $160.

PS. Ken, drop me an email with some hi res shots of your car, I need a new wallpaper! :)

Matt C.

Will do. I hope to be able to take my to4r update pics before I go back to work. I'll send you a few of those I won't use for the site. The Do-Luck/Top Secret combo is VERY nice IMO and not too common, although you may change that when you debut your car!! Good luck, bud.

Ken.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KenHenderson said:
Will do. I hope to be able to take my to4r update pics before I go back to work. I'll send you a few of those I won't use for the site. The Do-Luck/Top Secret combo is VERY nice IMO and not too common, although you may change that when you debut your car!! Good luck, bud.

Ken.

Thanks for the kind words Ken, I don't think I saw any cars w/that combo however theres got to be someone with it...I never could find any pics.

Matt

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
I'd like them better w/o that red scheme on the side of the seat!

S

·
0 Posts
I have the same recaros in my car, but my are OEM japan spec from new RZ model :D with stock Toyota Wedge brackets ;)

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Supra ITS GT72 said:
I have the same recaros in my car, but my are OEM japan spec from new RZ model :D with stock Toyota Wedge brackets ;)

Well good for you, we can't easily get our hands on that stuff here in the states as easy as norway can! :)

Matt

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
They look great, I had similiar problems with the wedge engineering brackets for the supra as well. I still haven't got the seatbelt clips to go on because of the 2 bars not letting the clips go in.. :(

I had to drill my own holes on the sliders and brackets to make it fit.. but it was worth the wait and work.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kirkMKIV said:
They look great, I had similiar problems with the wedge engineering brackets for the supra as well. I still haven't got the seatbelt clips to go on because of the 2 bars not letting the clips go in.. :(

I had to drill my own holes on the sliders and brackets to make it fit.. but it was worth the wait and work.
Use a hacksaw, cut off one of the little nubs. That was the easy way ;)

Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts