Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get a tiny puncture in the a/c condenser. I just had the little spot welded back up. When the puncture happend all the air pissed out. When i disconnected the freon line that leaked out as well obviously. The question i have is when i refill it how much oil do i need to put back in or is this stuff already premixed?

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
you will need to find out what kind of oil is used for the supra compressor, the oil is not premixed and you now have a small problem because you dont know how much oil leaked out. the proper way to do it would be to evacuate and flush the system, you will at least need to evacuate the system and bring it down to a vacuum for 2 reasons. 1 to see if you still have any leaks, to check this bring it down the ~29"Hg and let it sit there for no less than 30 mins, if it stays the same after 30 mins there should be no leaks and you can go ahead and recharge the sytem. if not you need to repair the leak, and the second reason is so that you do not have any air in the lines when you recharge the system. depending on how long your system was left "unsealed" you could have absorbed quite a bit of moisture, yet another reason for evacuating the system. i assume you dont have a recovery machine in which case i would take it to a certified a/c repair shop and have them take care of it for you.

·
Registered
934 Posts
haha yeah i basically did the same thing. i just JB welded it back. i did loose quite abit of oil though. i was just going to fill it back myself to see if the air will hold. i was just going to fill it and listen for 5-10 mins and feel if there is even a minor leak... i thought i should be able to atleast hear it, feel it or see it bubble when i put soapy water (if theres a leak). but ur right i should go to a certified shop for it too.

·
5,058 Posts
When I recharged the A/C system on my previous supra (1997) I used a can of castrol r134a w/ lubricant already mixed in. So yes you can buy r134a mixed @ pepboys.

·
Registered
934 Posts
thanks Dave, i am assuming the recharge kits i can buy will say if oil is premixed or not. ill check it out, thanks dude

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
spooldup said:
I managed to get a tiny puncture in the a/c condenser. I just had the little spot welded back up. When the puncture happend all the air pissed out. When i disconnected the freon line that leaked out as well obviously. The question i have is when i refill it how much oil do i need to put back in or is this stuff already premixed?
You need to flush the system, replace the receiver/drier, replenish oil, evacuate system, and recharge. If you do not know what that all means, take it to a AC repair shop or you will be risking system damage with a chain store recharge kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts