Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering if any of you guys are running single turbo setups and recirculating your BOV?

I know most just vent their blow off valves, but Im getting ready to go single and do not want to vent to the atmosphere.

My supra is daily driven and I find the noise annoying after a while once the cool factor wears off. :hey:

Whats a good BOV to use for recirculating and running 20-30psi? Any downsides? Some pics would be great of different setups so I can see how to route it back into the intake pipe.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah Im not going to be using the maf. I just dont want the sound really. :) I guess I wouldnt mind a really quite bov if there is such a thing.

Has any one used Forge products? How are they?

They seem to have quite a selection... any specific bov's to use?

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Yeah Im not going to be using the maf. I just dont want the sound really. :) I guess I wouldnt mind a really quite bov if there is such a thing.

Has any one used Forge products? How are they?

They seem to have quite a selection... any specific bov's to use?
I use the Forge Diverter Valve in my Evo @ 23psi so i know it can hold the pressure your looking for.
You would have to contact a Forge dealer to figure out which to use for the supra.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Yeah Im not going to be using the maf. I just dont want the sound really. :)
The problem is, with the MAF gone, there is nothing stopping the sound from escaping the intake tract. In other words, you can vent it to intake, but you will still hear it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is, with the MAF gone, there is nothing stopping the sound from escaping the intake tract. In other words, you can vent it to intake, but you will still hear it.
Does it muffle it at all? Or does it basically just sounds the same as venting it to atmosphere?

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Im going to recirc my Single, but use the HKSSSQV with the recirc fitting, you cant hear it at all most of the time. and when you do its very quiet. with a radio on its not noticeable.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going to recirc my Single, but use the HKSSSQV with the recirc fitting, you cant hear it at all most of the time. and when you do its very quiet. with a radio on its not noticeable.
Do you use just a normal hose from the recirc fitting to the intake? Or do you have to have a pipe with couplers?

·
Banned
752 Posts
Does it muffle it at all? Or does it basically just sounds the same as venting it to atmosphere?

It sounds much the same as vented to atmosphere. If you'd like to get an idea, throw a spare K&N filter over your BOV and go boost. :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
if you take the fins off front of HKS SSQ bov, will it make it quieter ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts