Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running the BL built tranny along with a 4200rpm stall. I have a Greddy T-78 turbo with AEM EMS. I wanted to check with you guys on suggested ways to launch. Good old powerbraking doesn't work, as soon as I build 1-2-3psi of boost the car just rolls through the lights.
I've gotten mixed answer's about options in the AEM that will somehow allow me to build boost at the line??
Thanks for any info.
Mark

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Nitrous.... that will do the trick! Otherwise you will be very hard on the transmission/TC trying to get the car out of the hole. Running nitrous will allow you to instantly launch in boost when setup properly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
racing fan said:
Nitrous.... that will do the trick! Otherwise you will be very hard on the transmission/TC trying to get the car out of the hole. Running nitrous will allow you to instantly launch in boost when setup properly.
So I'm SOL? There are no other options to launch an Auto Supra with a built tranny, large single turbo, and an AEM EMS? Any other thoughts or input?
Thanks.
Mark

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
You can stand on it for a few seconds and try to build boost that way, but it will build a lot of heat in the trans, which is a bad thing.

Another idea would be to raise your stall, but you'll lose top end and the stall will be slipping more under part throttle driving, which will also cause more build up.

Your only other option is nitrous to spool it, or go with a smaller turbo that spools quicker and will only take 1-2 seconds on the foot brake to bring up on the converter.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You can 2-step the auto transmission. Tony from San Antonio uses this method.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sound Performance said:
Are you using the e-brake too?
No, I have been told to try the e-brake in conjunction with the foot brake but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Mark

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
markh1121 said:
No, I have been told to try the e-brake in conjunction with the foot brake but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Mark
You cannot launch a supra without the E brake!!

Make sure the ebrake is adjusted properly too!!

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Sound Performance said:
You cannot launch a supra without the E brake!!

Make sure the ebrake is adjusted properly too!!
Yup... no e-brake, no launch

The e-brake and foot brake will get you out of the hole quicker but make sure not to stall the car too long.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
I use the foot brake and ebrake too to build boost, works wonders if your Turbo isn't but so large and lagy.

PM Supra: I tried the 2step on my car and I run the same turbo as Tony, but was only able to build 3lbs of boost. Now with the ebrake and foot brake I can build up to 10-12lbs.

vnt :)

BTW: I wanted to thanks Zohair/Kean for the prompt shipment of my turbo blanket, now my feet won't get so warm/hot, while drivin'!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts