Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing my NA-T kit and I need some advise on what gauges and wideband to get. I have roughly $2000 set aside for the gauges. I would like to spend $1600 on electronics and get a TRD tach if possible.

I am currently using a SAFC for fuel control and I have a VPC for future upgrades
Currently the car is on a stock headgasket with stock injectors. I will not change the headgasket until all supporting mods are finished, this being one of them.

I am going to get a wideband w/display and boost gauge.
What other gauges are needed or recomended?

What im looking for:
A stock OEM look
Black face gauges
I would prefer not having an a pillar, but its not that big of a concern.

I have looked at the Defi Link and BF seies gauges and the AEM UEGO wideband.
What brands would you reommend for my criteria?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have Defi BF and the AEM UEGO wideband. I would suggest Defi because I really like them but if you want them to match the interior a little better go with the Defi Link. For the wideband I would suggest the Innovate with the gauge. The AEM is nice but you cannot log and it only reads from 11.0 to 17.0.

·
PRSRIZD Member
246 Posts
my aem reads from 10 to 17ish.. and it matchs the stock gauges quite nicely if you put it in location of where the stock clock is.. they come with a black and white face and two different bezels(black and silver if remember correctly)

·
Registered
295 Posts
BoostdTsiAWD said:
my aem reads from 10 to 17ish.. and it matchs the stock gauges quite nicely if you put it in location of where the stock clock is.. they come with a black and white face and two different bezels(black and silver if remember correctly)
Yea I have the black face/silver ring in the stock clock location. That't weird how yours reads lower. Anything lower that 11.2 on mine it show ---

·
Torturing a W58...
260 Posts
You've got pretty much the same criteria as myself. I picked up an Innovate wideband w/ gauge because of all of it's features, though I can't comment on it's functionality as I have yet to install it.

For gauges....have you looked at the Autometer Nexus series?

·
11,217 Posts
The AEM Uego really blows me away by the fact that it's so cheap. It used to be up there but now you can find it for around $250 or a little more. You can mount that stealthly in the clock area.

As for boost/egt/fuel pressure or any other you may get, there is almost no way around the a pillar. It's the cleanest place to install it and it's all available in one spot.

I like the Defi's but those are kinda expensive. You can find GReddy's for cheap and those are independent. They don't need the control box like the Defi's do.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive realized that im going to have to get an a pillar gauge pod as I dont have any other place for the boost gauge (assuming the A/F goies in the clock). I hate the look of seeing gauges on the a pillar from the side, but it shouldnt be too bad since my windows are tinted.

What other gauges should I get other then boost?
What AEM UEGO kit would you reccomend? There are three listed on MVP.

I also need a Boost controller, so any opinions on that would also be appreciated.

·
11,217 Posts
The AEM Uego 6-in-1 kit. It's the standalone gauge kit.

As for the gauges, the only one you really need it boost. EGT is kinda redundant if you already have a wideband. If you want to get EGT too, or even fuel pressure, then you would need an a pillar.

-------------

If you are just getting the wideband and a boost gauge, you don't need an a pillar. Just get the 52mm wideband and put that in the clock. Then get a 60mm GReddy boost gauge and put that in the AC vent right next to the clock. Cool thing is, it even swivvels (sp).

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
I always thought that Greddy matched pretty well...you can get them black faced and light up green...just like stock...I'm pretty sure those are what I'm getting...and the AEM wideband.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
b2omy said:
Here are my gauges mounted with the boost controller in the ashtray

I don't liek the shinny metal facing around the gauges and for wideband a digital read out would be stelthier for the clock area

·
11,217 Posts
I believe the shiny things are adapters because the gauges don't fit. But yes, if the adapters were stealthier to blend in, it'd be nice.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I believe the shiny things are adapters because the gauges don't fit. But yes, if the adapters were stealthier to blend in, it'd be nice.
I don't see why you can't jsut cut your dash and mold one in. but whatever. i try to make things hard :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
NCSUpra said:
Ive realized that im going to have to get an a pillar gauge pod as I dont have any other place for the boost gauge (assuming the A/F goies in the clock). I hate the look of seeing gauges on the a pillar from the side, but it shouldnt be too bad since my windows are tinted.

What other gauges should I get other then boost?
What AEM UEGO kit would you reccomend? There are three listed on MVP.

I also need a Boost controller, so any opinions on that would also be appreciated.
i've got the AEM UEGO. i would definately get this for A/F. Also get the EGT. it's pretty much a must. A/F is definately a must, but you can run good A/F's all day, if you are doing pull after pull, your EGT's could stay high, and you need to know when to ease up on her. internals start to melt at 1623 degrees

also, for a boost guage, i have an autometer, but my Blitz SBCiD boost controller has a digital guage built into it. it also records the max boost i have reached. so i don't even have the autometer hooked up. it's just filling the 2nd hole in the a-pillar. as for the fuel pressure gauge, don't even bother unless you have an aftermarket FPR

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
I've got a BNIB AEM Uego Wideband, seal has never been opened. $267 Shipped which is right what i paid.

I also got some Apexi EL2 60mm gauges I would be willing to part with. Boost, Water, Fuel, and of course the EL 2 control unit. $550 shipped. Setup retails for over $1100 and they work PERFECTLY.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
b2omy said:
Here are my gauges mounted with the boost controller in the ashtray

I really like the way this looks, especially since i dont have an ashtray in my center piece. I would like to just get a boost controller with digital gauge built in so i dont have to mount a second gauge.

Ive decided to get the AEM UEGO wideband the the black face and LED/digital gauge. It is the kit on MVP that isnt listed as single or dual channel.

For the boost controller/gauge, I like the Greddy Profec but since b2omy's set up looks so good I might just get the HKS and mount it in the same location. I think im going to pass on the other gauges for the moment and invest in other goodies for the car.

Thanks for all the help guys. Ill post some pics when its done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts