Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What head unit would u guys recommend. I want to spend about ~$500. But thats not in stone. I Would perfer a nice double din, to fill in the factory hole completely. But all the Double Dins that I find are cassete,CD combos. Everything I listen to is on Cd. My other option, is to do a Cd player with a Digital EQ underneath it. Just a thought. Also I will be putting in a system in the near future. So I would need a good radio. TIA

DakaDan

·
1,057 Posts
Go for an Alpine. My friend got the one for like $450, it is amazing. I envy him for it it has sooo many features.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
I own a Lexus
952 Posts
toysupra1 said:
eclipse baby!!!

How much did that Eclipse set you back. Im looking in to getting that for my Jeep. I just found out some one I know is copying my "Jeep/Alpine" plan for my Jeep. He is buying a black Jeep Grand Cherokee and he is planning to get an all Alpine system. So I think Im going to go to Eclipse. Is that Eclpise double din or 1/2 din??

·
road hazard
452 Posts
alaskan_assasin said:
How much did that Eclipse set you back. Im looking in to getting that for my Jeep. I just found out some one I know is copying my "Jeep/Alpine" plan for my Jeep. He is buying a black Jeep Grand Cherokee and he is planning to get an all Alpine system. So I think Im going to go to Eclipse. Is that Eclpise double din or 1/2 din??
i bought it used from james (ktrends on the forum) for 920 if i remember correctly. there is no way i was going to buy it brand new which i think retails for +$1500 if you can still find it new. my friend went to al & ed's electronics and they quoted him $2000 with no installation.

the model number is 7301 and yes, it is a double din. it has cd/tape behind the faceplate which folds out. check out www.eclipse-net.com for more info on their equipment.

also, i think eclipse discontinued the model. so a good bet is to find a distributor who still has it or can get ahold of one. or check out ebay because i've seen a handful of these on ebay.

M

·
0 Posts
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-KdwEXXHUm0w/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=300&I=020DRX9675&o=&a=

This head unit is probably the best for sound quality out there. But you have to have an external amplifier. I've never seen a head unit with better stats and performance than this one. My best friend has this head unit and it looks AWESOME. It puts pioneers little blue displays to shame. It has the best stats I've seen on any deck. And don't buy it at crutchfield its a ripoff. Just search for it on ebay and you'll find some websites that sell these brand new. My friend got his for 500 plus shipping brand new.
I'd like to challenge someone to find a head unit with better SQ.

S

·
0 Posts
I will never own anything but Premier (pioneer) If I get a car that comes with somthign else that will be the first thing to go

M

·
0 Posts
You'll never own anything but pioneer??? Why is that? Pioneer is beginner stuff. Go to any high quality audio shop and you will not see pioneer. The only decent head they offer is their new in dash dvd, but its the same price as the kenwood excelon in dash dvd/screen, and the kenwood is far better. So how can you justify purchasing pioneer? And as for those blue screen whatever the hell they are called heads, that is a sad display for 700 dollars. The clarion 9675z has 64 colors compared to pioneer's uuuuuhhhhhhh......oh yea.......1 ! And its 200 dollars cheaper and the circuitry inside is far better. Look up the stats and you will not find a better head. Peace out.

S

·
0 Posts
Mr. Gotsnoboost said:
You'll never own anything but pioneer??? Why is that? Pioneer is beginner stuff. Go to any high quality audio shop and you will not see pioneer. The only decent head they offer is their new in dash dvd, but its the same price as the kenwood excelon in dash dvd/screen, and the kenwood is far better. So how can you justify purchasing pioneer? And as for those blue screen whatever the hell they are called heads, that is a sad display for 700 dollars. The clarion 9675z has 64 colors compared to pioneer's uuuuuhhhhhhh......oh yea.......1 ! And its 200 dollars cheaper and the circuitry inside is far better. Look up the stats and you will not find a better head. Peace out.

I forgot to mention Im in the "poor" class Pioneer makes good low end players

M

·
0 Posts
i would go with an eclpse head unit. eclipse stuff is pretty hard to find but if you find one i would buy it. go to eclipse-web.com and look at some of their head units. they also have a thing called the eclipse commander that hooks up to most of their heads and you can control the windows, locks, cd functions, radion and whatnot by voice. very cool thing, i would have gotten it but i cant find it anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts