Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Apline CDA-7998 just lost the display screen and I'm trying to select a replacement. This unit was $800 when it came out and was overly complicated in my opinion and it seems like the tuner didn't get good reception, which I've heard is a weakness of the Alpine Tuners.

I'm running a kicker ZX700.5 5 Channel Amp so the receiver in the head unit is not a factor. Also running two 10" L7 Subs and Focal components throughout the car. So I need 3 sets of pre-outs and really just want something simple with no screens or anything fancy.

Other aux components include: Serius Sat Tuner, Ipod adapter, and wanting to install bluetooth cellular with the head unit.

I'm having a hard time with the decision, but thinking of a Pioneer or Premier due to having a better tuner. I was thinking of a pioneer DEHP6900UB or DEH7900.

Can anyone give any advice. It seems like all the head units offer pretty much the same things, unless you are looking for a flip out screen.

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
the problem that you are going to run into is having to buy all new accessories...ipod adapter, sirius tuner, blue tooth adapter which if you have thouse are propritary to the ai-net alpines. The alpine DVA models is what you might want to look at.

What kind of car?

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem that you are going to run into is having to buy all new accessories...ipod adapter, sirius tuner, blue tooth adapter which if you have thouse are propritary to the ai-net alpines. The alpine DVA models is what you might want to look at.

What kind of car?
Thanks for the input. Car is my daily - a '06 Jetta TDI. Went with the Pioneer DEH6900. Finding the bluetooth handsfree kit was a ridiculous easter egg hunt, but got it and all done today. The unit is awesome and matches the dash lights of this car, which is a bonus!

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Shoulda told me you wanted a deal...I work at Magnolia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts