Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend wants to find a car with a budget for about 13-14k. We are looking for a sport coupe preferably 2 door. Manual transmission is prefered but we can live with an auto. Reliablilty is the biggest priority fun factor is also nice but not as important.

I really think domestics are out of the question due to personal preference. Any advice appreciated guys. thx

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
MKIV NA?

E36 M3? Don't know about the reliability there though.

E39 540i? I know it's a four door but 282hp. (I've really been wanting one lately and for 13-14k you can get a 97-99 with 90-110k miles. Just throwing it out there.)

Camaro Z28? If he decides to go domestic.

WRX? Can one be had for this much now?

·
92 TURBO
999 Posts
vhx1 said:
A friend wants to find a car with a budget for about 13-14k. We are looking for a sport coupe preferably 2 door. Manual transmission is prefered but we can live with an auto.

Reliablilty is the biggest priority fun factor is also nice but not as important.

I really think domestics are out of the question due to personal preference. Any advice appreciated guys. thx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reliablilty is the biggest priority fun factor is also nice but not as important.

^^ $13-14k = '98-00 Honda Prelude or Acura Integra hatchback are your best choices for reliability.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
vhx1 said:
A friend wants to find a car with a budget for about 13-14k. We are looking for a sport coupe preferably 2 door. Manual transmission is prefered but we can live with an auto. Reliablilty is the biggest priority fun factor is also nice but not as important.
Definitely a MKIV Supra NA 5spd.

2 door, reliable, one of the best looking car for that price. Also with amazing potential if you do decide to mod. Either NA-T or TT motor swap.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: Re: Recommend me a car for 13-14k

nsx4ever said:

2 door, reliable, one of the best looking car for that price. Also with amazing potential if you do decide to mod. Either NA-T or TT motor swap.
13-14?

·
Registered
108 Posts

nsx4ever said:

I'd have to agree.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
MKIV N/A Supra the 2JZ-GE motor has to be one of the most reliable. He can actually pick a higher mileaged one up for less then $10k and use the other $4k to turbocharge it. Reliability won't be as good but the car should be reliable still as long as the right person does the conversion.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I'd say maybe a nice 90s 300ZX, a used wrx, or something like a 97+ Prelude. The lude would probably be pretty decently fun and pretty darn reliable.

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
2000-20002 MR2 Spyder

it's RWD
it's 2 door

You can pick up a high milage 2000-2002 (around 9-10k) and put in a 2ZZ (2-3k) with the six speed and you now have a mini Elise (not really but you get the gist) that is about 400 lbs heavier.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
tuuuuurrrbo miata, s2k or Mister2

·
0 Posts

SupraMikeCT said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^ $13-14k = '98-00 Honda Prelude or Acura Integra hatchback are your best choices for reliability.
Agreed, a newer prelude or gsr would be a good choice if your top priority is reliabilitiy and you don't need something too fast.

·
Jesus Christ, man!
307 Posts
MKII MR2T for $5~$7k, spend another grand on regular maintenance, use the rest for mods. If you have grander future plans, MKIV Supra N/A and turbo later down the road. These look damn good and are also super reliable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My car is for sale around that price, I'm in Portland , OR, it's a 91' 240sx it has very nice mods' japanese motor car has been driven 2k miiles since i've owned it to the track twice, over 300hp to the wheels, cage / 5 lug conv. fmic,a lot more, email me for details i've put about 22 k into it, [email protected]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts