Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Somebody must have asked this question many times. I am about to do my "test center" smog test. Is there any aftermarket performance downpipe and exhaust that i can change to? I am currently running stillen downpipe/no cats and greddy dragger exhaust.

Thanks in advance.

B.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
If that dp doesn't have a cat, they will fail you visually - they won't even put it on the rollers. You can have a catback, but will need both cats on it like ttinmysoup says, unless you can "convince" the tester to overlook that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So there is no legal aftermarket performance downpipe with cat(s)? What about legal exhaust for supra mkiv?

·
Ruff Rydahs
1,744 Posts
baztheman said:
So there is no legal aftermarket performance downpipe with cat(s)? What about legal exhaust for supra mkiv?
I think all catback exhaust would work but you need the stock downpipe+cats, aftermarket highflow bullshit doesn't pass :bigthumb:

·
Registered
446 Posts
You need the stock dp, cat, and egr system. The exhaust doesnt matter. I have all three laying around my garage, if you need to borrow anything, pm me.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
when i went to smog i had my apexi gt spec on. they didnt care and also peter im waitting for ya!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so only stock dp is legal. What about the brand of the exhaust? I really dont want to go back to stock, but i dont want to be bothered by the police... :(

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i never got pulled over for my exhaust ( apexi gt spec )

·
Registered
18 Posts
unless your DP came with a E.O. number then it isnt legal and you need the stock back on. any aftermarket parts that dont have an E.O. number arent legal. of course all emission components need to still be on the car and operating correctly. not sure why you would take any of them off but just in case for some reason you did put them back on. also they can fail you for boost controllers too so if you have one then hide it somewhere. then cross your fingers and hope you dont need any repairs to pass.

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
I thought the piping itself doesnt matter, existance of a cat, pollution levels and noise levels are all that matters. ALL Aftermarket exhausts are legal as long as they comply.

Look at a shop like midas they replace whole exhausts but make sure they have the right parts to pass the rules.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
put your stock downpipe back on..and go get the smog test. shop chasrges 50-60 bucks to remove it and put on. once u do the test..than put ur catless one back on

·
Banned
342 Posts
magicsupra721 said:
i never got pulled over for my exhaust ( apexi gt spec )
you must be a non-suspicious looking person then. i always get pulled over when theres 4 people in my car. Happened to me for everycar i had(on my 3rd car)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Supra_Z said:
you must be a non-suspicious looking person then. i always get pulled over when theres 4 people in my car. Happened to me for everycar i had(on my 3rd car)

..how do u fit 4 people in your supra?.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts