Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i am looking for some advise. Basically, looking into upgrading my intake manifold but can't decided which route to go.
I am looking for best fitment and best bang for you buck. I don't want to relocate the fuse box or battery.. I am ok moving the battery if i have too.

Also, what size TB does everyone recommend?

I was looking into a Greddy Plenum, Is it really worth it?

Has anyone have any experience with the knock off one's on ebay? My tuner mentioned he was able to get 1000 HP on one. I am not looking to make that much power but wtf really...

my mods
I am on Proefi 128
fuel system 1300cc injectors, 525 walbro hellcat pump
e85 ready
s1 cams with Ti retainers and beehive springs
stu hybrid Gt28r's
4inch exhaust straight pipe,
ets 4 inch IC

·
Registered
480 Posts
My car had a ZeroFab on it when I bought it. Seems to work fine and they're pretty cheap from what I've seen.
Just looked up the price for the Greddy, it's actually a lot cheaper than I thought it was and comes with all the extra bits you'd need like gaskets and new hardware. To be clear, this is the Cast Surge tank for use with a Q45 throttle body (90mm if memory serves)

They also have a billet unit with runners and throttle body included, but it was made for chassis that have a 2JZ swap. No idea how well it would fit in the Supra engine bay, and I'm guessing it's much more expensive being a billet and including the runners and TB.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Not worth it with hybrid turbos

·
Boost Junkie
12,603 Posts
Agreed. You’re not going to pick much up when you’re making 600-650whp.

Steve

·
From the land down under
4,217 Posts
I always recommend to anybody with an NA-T, that for a variety of reasons, an FFIM is one of the best mods they could ever do, but I think the factory TT IM has proven itself to well beyond most peoples power goals, so may as well stick with it unless its also a visual mod for you.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,201 Posts
I also agree with above, if you’re looking to upgrade for aesthetic reasons. I have personally used Zero Fab China manifold without issues.

Like others have stated, the factory TT manifold is more than capable for higher HP goals. On my current TT I plan to have it professional mirror polished and rock it until it’s proven to be holding me back performance wise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks All, my goal was to get a little bit more power and be able to rev to 8500 or 9000. That's the reason why i was debating about upgrading the intake manifold. Also, my tuner kept on saying my stock manifold was limited. So just stick stock.

·
Boost Junkie
12,603 Posts
Thanks All, my goal was to get a little bit more power and be able to rev to 8500 or 9000. That's the reason why i was debating about upgrading the intake manifold. Also, my tuner kept on saying my stock manifold was limited. So just stick stock.
There is absolutely no reason to rev to 8500-9000rpms using the Stu hybrids. Those things will be out of breath at 6500-7000rpms even with aftermarket cams.

Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it, thank All. I apologize for being such a noob about this. This is why i love this site.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,201 Posts
Got it, thank All. I apologize for being such a noob about this. This is why i love this site.
No apologies needed, you question because you need knowledge. We answer because we care and are on the Internet bored.:ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts