Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm trying to decide whether to paint my calipers red or black, i've got a red mkiv.

can anyone please help me out with some opinions or even better photos of red cars with painted calipers?

·
Highway Demon
2,898 Posts
when i paint mine i had 2 looks in mind.. either i was going for a flat silver and then put the standard supra stickers on it so it would have a clean appearance but not the same as stock.. or i was going to paint it gold aith red lettering.. it would pretty much look similar to the factory brembo look from the inifiniti g35 and the subaru sti..

Brian

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
depends on your wheel choice and overall look.

For mine, I am going with Red calipers behind my black CCW classics. You really cant see much of the caliper anyhow due to the design of the wheels unless they are spinning on the road.

If you have chrome wheels or very open wheels, I would go with a Black color on the calipers and a Red supra script logo

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Yea, i have a red MKIV, and I painted them black with the silver supra logo, looks badass, get lots of compliments, i can take a pic if u want??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, forgot to say i've got white SSR integrals.

Thanks for the opinions guys and kevin your supra looks hot. at the moment i'm thinking gloss black calipers and i've already got the decals. They're a white/silver carbon fibre kind of look.

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
My car is red and I have the stoptech red brakes on it. Looks good to me, but I think I would of done black if I could of done it again.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Search for MDsuperstar... He has some badass pictures of his red calipers.

·
bleh
79 Posts
Silver calipers with red Supra script is what I would go with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would be curious to see how the gold would look on there as someone had suggested before But before seeing it I would go black silver and red blend in too well imo and i like the look when a cars brake stands out Either way though i would put the supra script on there

·
Highway Demon
2,898 Posts
Intrigue me said:
I would be curious to see how the gold would look on there as someone had suggested before But before seeing it I would go black silver and red blend in too well imo and i like the look when a cars brake stands out Either way though i would put the supra script on there
couple of quick pictures i googled of the factory g35 brembo to get an idea of what i meant.. i think they look better in person when you see them though..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts