Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another Supra on the Cover. Magazines are really starting to catch on, on what's selling magazines.
Congrats to Jonathan from DoLuck for this coverage. Looks like the interior got freshened up since the last time I saw it.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
This is rather funny because not 2 months ago my friend at the mags was telling me that my car had no shot at cover because it doesn't have stickers and everyone is sick of seeing Supras, then this month 5 Supras on 2 covers

·
Super Moderator
10,585 Posts
I have it. Its a nice spread with nice pics. Looks more aggressive with the cosmetic freshening up , IMO, with the Type II side skirts and Type I rear overfenders. HKS 3.4L stroker and DBB T04Z with 652 whp and 602 lb-ft at 22 psi is not too shabby either. More than a few technical errors as Modified continues its push to dominate Primedia, especially where Supras are concerned.

Onelove, do not despair. Your time is coming and do not settle. It's not widely known, but I couldn't get Modified to take a look at my car when I got referred to them by an intermediary. When it comes to our cars, many of the magazines cannot distinguish between the quality, or lack thereof, in a so-so car and the quality of a great car.

Big congrats to Jonathan Hsu of Do-Luck-USA. All your hard work is starting to pay off, bud. Good luck with the time attacks.

Ken.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
A 3.4L HKS stroker with a To4Z must be a very interesting combination for a street car. A lot of grunt down low due to the DBB nature of the turbo and the torque provided by the stroker and yet a killer top end because of the size of the turbo. Combined with good headwork, cams and tuning, this is likely the perfect combo. :)

-Olivier

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Sweet, Congrats, When I shot for them last month the editor was saying he is in love with the Supras and will do his best to shoot at least one in every mag... His name was Dave pankew I think.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
MsEmerald said:
They look really good up close in blk/red :)
Theyve got their own 'Car show' at their facility. I felt like a kid in a candy store!

Major props to them and a big 'thanks' for trailoring my car from LA back to Seattle in their transport. :bigthumb:

Much Luv DoLuck!! :hug:
*jealous*

i have always wanted to stop in and walk through the Do-Luck place in Kent, i was hoping if they see i am sporting their stuff, they would let me ;)

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
I am digging the new rims more than the old.

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Ahh yes -- I have met him at the Road Course a year or two ago... he was driving his NSX then. Decent chap -- but I wish he had been driving his Supra. :)
-Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
8Wasabe said:
Another Supra on the Cover. Magazines are really starting to catch on, on what's selling magazines.
Congrats to Jonathan from DoLuck for this coverage. Looks like the interior got freshened up since the last time I saw it.

Got an email from Ju-Hon regarding this thread, thanks everyone for all the kind words. I am really happy of how the car turn out thus far, SPE did a really good job on the motor also. I have not able to enjoy the car much these days because of our winter weather here in Seattle. Here are some more sample pictures I got from the Modifed mag and Turbo mag photo shoot. Thanks.
Jonathan

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
redrocket95 said:
Got an email from Ju-Hon regarding this thread, thanks everyone for all the kind words. I am really happy of how the car turn out thus far, SPE did a really good job on the motor also. I have not able to enjoy the car much these days because of our winter weather here in Seattle. Here are some more sample pictures I got from the Modifed mag and Turbo mag photo shoot. Thanks.
Jonathan
if you ever want to part ways with those double six's, i have some extra garage space for them! :bigthumb: and i can even come pick them up, haha

hopefully you can make it to a NW meet this year, i would like to see the car and meet you in person.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts