Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red one seems to have more cranking power and cold cranking then the yellow one, but the yellow seems most popular on most supras i have seen. Anyone know the main difference and which one is better overall. Thankx!

·
Banned
763 Posts
The red one is designed primarily for cranking a car.

The yellow is more of a deep cycle discharge battery... and it does well in that capacity.

If you don't drive your Supra often, I'd venture to say that the Yellow top would be better for you on the principle that it can be completely discharged (dead) and the recharged more often than the red top.

I have the red top AND yellow top in my LandCruiser in parallel for winching (selectable) and the Yellow top fares MUCH better.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
i wouldnt get either they suck i have to have my yellow top on a charger all the time or it looses charge and its a 1 year old there is a thread here somewhere that talks about how they suck.

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
I have the yellow top battery & my car has been under construction for the past 2-3 months and when i did a full charge, battery worked perfectly.

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a full sound system, aftermakret fuel pump, twim electric fans, twin ignition, and lots of gaues, so would u some think at this point the yellow would be better for my applications?

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
i killed a yellow top :(... good thing it was a "hey... try it out, and if you like it, I'll sell it to you" deal. It didn't last a week :(

·
Registered
707 Posts
The blue one. It is made to charge and sit for a long time in boats. FWIW Optima's suck in supra's. I've been though 3.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i like the Red Top personally but it died due to a power drain...made the mistake of tossing it when it could have most likely just needed a charge...faired pretty well

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
i work at a car audio and motorsport shop and we ONLY suggest yellow top!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I guess your battery was bad, & thats why the car wouldn't start..
I use a walmart battery, & replace it every 24 months before the warranty runs out.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
All you need is a regular good battery and a trickle charger , havent had a problem since , it was one of the best investments made since killing 3 batteries over the years

·
Registered
88 Posts
My brother had a red top in his 94 TT and the thing would crank over for about 10 seconds before starting, it was a brand new battery, we threw a stock battery out of a ford F150 in there last weekend that we had at my shop and it starts right up every time now lol. I think we just had a defective battery so we will be warrantying it.

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankx everyone for the help.......

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Ive had my redtop for 5years and have never had to charge or jump it

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
a battery is a battery.
optima's suck in general

·
Registered
282 Posts
a battery is a battery.
optima's suck in general
THATS COMING FROM A SEASONED VET IN THE BATTERY BUSINESS

........i say just get a street bike battery and call it a day....lol..SAVE LIKE 40LBS....you might have to charge it "occasionally".....and by occasionally i mean every time u start the car....

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THATS COMING FROM A SEASONED VET IN THE BATTERY BUSINESS

........i say just get a street bike battery and call it a day....lol..SAVE LIKE 40LBS....you might have to charge it "occasionally".....and by occasionally i mean every time u start the car....

LOL, ya the 40+ lbs would be good to save.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts