Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Turbo-Freaks Producer
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious, which model years and how many Supras were produced in Rennaisance Red with the black interior. After being to both Tampa, Orlando, and Texas meets I have yet to see another red supra with a black interior. Mine's a '97 Turbo. Is this combo only on 97, 97-98 models or on all models. Is it only on turbo models. Is it a rare combination or out of coincidence have I just not seen any others?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a 1994 Turbo, red with black interior..

Not sure the build numbers or anything, but I wanted a black interior was my only requirement when searching for a Supra.. This was the only red/black I came across in my search.

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
yeah, Red with Black does seem to be pretty rare. Most Red that I have seen are red with tan interior. Mine=black interior, factory wingless, and hardtop :bigthumb: . I really like the black interior!!

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
My 93 came with tan but I just bought the black interior and rewrapped my seats. Nobody can ever tell that it was tan to begin with. It's an easy transformation. I just hate tan interior personally.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
My 93.5 Hardtop 6 spd is a red on black :)

·
Turbo-Freaks Producer
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SUPRASTITIOUS said:
My 93 has a black interior but I bought it new and ordered it that way. :biggrin:
So I guess it was a dealer option then for all years. I wonder what the ratio of tan/black is? Wonder if its a rarer combination?

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,988 Posts
i was going to say something but then i saw the turbos and forgot, nice twins.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Red with black interior here!

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
tightlines88 said:
I was curious, which model years and how many Supras were produced in Rennaisance Red with the black interior. After being to both Tampa, Orlando, and Texas meets I have yet to see another red supra with a black interior. Mine's a '97 Turbo. Is this combo only on 97, 97-98 models or on all models. Is it only on turbo models. Is it a rare combination or out of coincidence have I just not seen any others?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Mine is a 97 with black interior. So I guess that makes two of us!

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
1badsup said:
Most 96 green TT came with tan interior but mine has black. If you really want to make sure that it was the stock interior, send Curt Aigner an e-mail request for a copy of your window sticker. The window sticker for my car showed a black interior.
does he charge for it??? if so how much

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
When i was searching for a supra, i was specifically looking for a red on black 6 speed. The moajority of red supras i found for sale had tan interior. Black interiors were very rare to come by when i was searching, and when i did find one they either had too many miles for my liking, were out of my price range, or were heavily modified, and i was looking for mostly stock. I ended up finding a red on tan in my area that i couldnt pass up so i bought it. I plan on changing the interior to black eventually. Red on black is definately a rare combo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts