Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668989

3rd view is gorgeous with nice short front overhangs and a beefy looking rear and a C6-like compact hatch glass. The horizontally slitted lights would be trick if LEDs like the Lincoln cross-over or BMW 6-series are used.

This could even be tilted more toward performance touring and use interior themes/materials seen in the Buick Enclave and leave the Camaro and Vette to be more performance oriented.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
fugly

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
Not bad, but the paint scheme obviously is too reminiscent of Smokey and the Bandit (as they were going for this look). I bet the car looks decent without the decals, but the Camaro looks better. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not bad, but the paint scheme obviously is too reminiscent of Smokey and the Bandit (as they were going for this look). I bet the car looks decent without the decals, but the Camaro looks better. :)
I love the new Camaro. As far as the paint scheme, I actually think the opposite is true. The paint scheme is what allows us to identify this as a Trans-Am. Without the paint, it would look like another ugly concept car (poor front end, terrible Corvette hatch, cheap hood).

I'd love a new Trans-Am, but definately not this one.

·
4,109 Posts
Pontiac - American for "lots of ugly body molding"

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
That looks kind of cool. The profile is quite similar to a Viper. I like the horizontal tail lights.

But I still think the newest Camaro looks like shit, mostly in the front.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I kind of like it, but if it does come back there are always changes done before a final rendering is offered to the public , I doubt the frontend will be as pictured.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks kind of cool. The profile is quite similar to a Viper. I like the horizontal tail lights.
I agree...considering the big front section and all. Some Panoz and the Ferrari 599 silhouette too.

ls1tech.com posts were surprisingly brutal. Front could use one or two more iterations but the idea of a square light with projector centers is a cool think-out-of-the-box approach.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Yuck. I like the other rendering (from when the Camaro first came out) a lot more than this one.

This one:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Yuck. I like the other rendering (from when the Camaro first came out) a lot more than this one.

This one:
The best part about this one is it was just some random guy that P-chopped the Camaro concept. It wasn't even someone from GM that did it and it looked a lot better than what they came up with.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
It's too busy. There is no point in having the 2 scoops on the hood with that angular front end, then the screamin' chicken on top. Go from angular front to a smooth rear glass (even the c6 has some curvature of it's nose).

Does not compute.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts