Supra Forums banner

Redline Woes

454 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Kurplunk2 
#1 ·
I decided to let Powerhouse racing Build my Supra up, so I sent it out there. Well, he convinced me to go with the T67 NON-DBB Turbo that makes, because DBB Turbo's Don't spool Faster, their just more reliable for use on race cars where the boost is always on max, I've had conflicting stories about this, Do Dual ball Bearing Turbo's spool up any quicker? Luckily, I can Buy a T60 from him that will Slide right in and this time I think I'm going with the DBB. I really want to raise the redline, and he said nobody modifies ECU's Anymore, so I could either go hunt down a ECU or a Stand-Alone EMS. Does anybody else know a betterway to raise the redline, for instance does ANYONE know someone who still Modifies Supra ECU's or anybody with one they would sell. I already have a 95 ECU in my 98 Supra with PowerhouseRacing's MAP-ECU. I would Really appreciate it if someone knows somebody who can raise the redline without having to spend 1000 bucks. BTW, go to www.powerhouseracing.com and then click "Gallery" The second set of pictures down is my car, it even says beside it "John Hand's Supra and it has about 8 pics. I would like to make one thing VERY clear, PHR and Jarrett Humphries have done a top quality job on their work.
John, if you wish to communicate in private then email me at Wicked982JZGTE@aol.com, so I know it's not spam in the Subject line type in all CAPS "SUPRAFORUMS" The MAIN Issue here is making my Redline Higher, everything else I learn is Gravy.
Thank You Very Much For Your time. Sorry if I broke any Forum Rules, it's been quite some time since I've been on SupraForums.
John

John AKA Kurplunk2

See less See more
#4 ·
Hau said:
I think Everyone should read this article, it's so Ironic how similiar it is to my situation. I have a GT67, same size in the story. Even if the difference is below 4000RPM I still think it's worth the extra 800 I'll pay, Anybody wanna buy a practically brand new PHR GT67 Turbo, the lag isn't that bad at all. But to me it seems like alot since I also Own a C5 Zo6. The PowerBands are VERY different, however, the GT 60 graph looks SOOO much better than the T67 graph. Jarrett said that with the T60 IF I choose DBB then they have to drill more holes for some reason, wy is it they have to do that?
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.