Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my cousin bought a 87 supra a while ago and the motor is dead. we need to swap the engine, which he has and we need to put his HKS downpipe and do wiring and stuff.

does anyone have experience for a newb to supra for help on the engine swap.

i have done a civic engine but that was easy, but this i need to get some info.

thanks all, nik

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
do you know what year the motor you guys are going to put in the car is? because some stuff from the pre 89 is different from the 89+.
you might have to swap some things from the motors depending if its the same or not.

Well if you dont already, you should go get a haynes manual, that will help a bit.
But to pull the motor most people will tell you its EASIER to pull it with the Tranny.
Also disconnect the wiring harness from the ECU as that will be easier and just keep it attacted when you pull the motor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wont know the year but the engine code is a 7mgte same as what is in the car. i dont think that will help but maybe, lol. so if i yank the complete drivetrain out it will be easier, ok. i will be startring a list of perts need and things to do but so far:

swap engine
buy and install rad with new hoses
get running after the swap
get little bolts and little engine parts
install the new custom dp 3"
new tires
brakes front and rear
do water pump and all gaskets on the 80,000 km engine to go in
and thats it for now but i will have more after saturday, when i go to check the car completely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts