Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was going to just make my own grounding kit like HKS sells. I did some searching, and I understand the concept, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that lists the exact points that people ran the ground wires to. Can someone be pretty specific about what points to run the wires too?

I was also going to re-run my positive wire from the alernator to the battery. With this, where should I run the wire? I know it just goes to the battery. What I mean is, has any one run into any problems running it under the engine (do rocks hit it and slowly sever it), in front of the serpentine belt (does it ever rub on the belt), etc....

- Andy

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
im looking to do the same thing ..i was told this wont do much of anything for our cars but i want to see it for myself

i do know of a sweet moded rx7 that did gain some ponies doing this mod, i dont remember the exact amount of hp but it was proven on a dyno in front of my own eyes so i want to see what our cars will gain from this if anything.

as for the + cable i ran mine up around the radiator (there is an opening around there ill take pics when i can car is covered up with snow on it.)that seems just perfect for this dont for get to add a new fuse next to the battery as well.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Magic Three upgrades....
Positive Battery to alternator...usually follow same route as stock cables, but of course shortest without heat is best.
Negative Battery to Chassis. Same rules as above!
Engine Block to Chassis. Same rules as above!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
There is a ground from the transmission to body, down at the fuel filter. The other ground is on the block near the oil filter but goes into a harness if I remember right. There is another from the back of the head to the firewall. Right around the lift hook. That one and the transmission one are pretty thin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts