Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone is telling me to try to get my fine reduced, how would i go about doing this, if i got a lawyer i bet if i got it reduced the lawyer would cost me the same, how else do i justify having a reduced fine? btw it came out to 307

·
Never fast enough
716 Posts
i would just pay it, it does sound high but you were almost doing double the limit he could have taken you to jail and that would have really sucked

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i just checked out the speeding ticket, he has the wrong car in there and the wrong license plate number, cant i get it throw out?

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
get a lawyer man.... don't just pain the fine, or your insurance is going to rape you :faint:

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
99YellowStang said:
everyone is telling me to try to get my fine reduced, how would i go about doing this, if i got a lawyer i bet if i got it reduced the lawyer would cost me the same, how else do i justify having a reduced fine? btw it came out to 307
Stang,

I feel your pain. If you get the fines reduced then there is a chance that the points WILL STAY on your record. Think long term here. You do not want points building up on your wrap sheet.

There is hope though. I have used a certain law office here in Tampa for years now. I have ALWAYS been pleased with their results. These guys are heavy hitters and know who the movers and shakers are in the traffic court system. It is better to get the charge withheld or just thrown out all together IMO.

Here is the contact information:

Law offices of Williams & Trayner

813-229-1912

Hope this helps your situation guy. The last time I checked it was $100 per ticket.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think you have a GREAT case for getting out of it with the wrong car/license plate deal... Good luck!!! Just think... Murderers, etc. go free quite often on small tech. errors and you were only going almost twice the speed limit!! LOL!!!

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help, i can elect to take the driving course to not get points on my record. With driving course and ticket it would equal about 300 bucks and no points, if a lawyer can get the charges withheld thats still a fine of 300 bucks plus lawyer fees, but didnt use up a school. I am going to talk to a lawyer and see what are my chances of just getting the ticket dismissed, i either want that or just take the ticket and take basic driving course for my 3rd time

·
What it is Jive Turkey?
126 Posts
If he took the wrong car and plate number down you can throw it away. No problems. Just point it out that he did that. Check the statute he wrote and check the street that he wrote down you got pulled over on. If any of them are wrong you can throw it out. But it seems u already can.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i got pulled over and the officer also had the wrong car and tag number.
he wrote toyota camery and i was in a civic, and he messed up the numbers part of my tag all together. i had a warrant issued for my arrest because i threw the ticket in the trash and the time expired to pay the fine. went to court and the judge laughed at me...asked if it was my name on the ticket which it was and he said "i don't care if you were in a corvette with a truck tag, this is your ticket". he also said "we can pull the cops car video if need be"
it was explained to me that the ticket goes with the person, not the car. judge said "you could have been in your friends car, it doesn't matter, you got the ticket"
needless to say the judge was pretty pissed at me.
also last year i got a 112 in a 55 on i-4 in a construction zone. the cop wrote it outside the zone thankfully but i got a lawyer http://www.fightyourtickets.com
and the lawyer was able to get adjudication withheld (no points) but i still had to pay the lawyer $180 plus the fine, and a court ordered traffic school which means it doesn't count against your 5 in a life time. money well spent if you ask me :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
just go kill the cop!! lol j/k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts