Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just using this thread as a reference b/c i'm updating the 1JZ Reference FAQ.

Valve Covers:
The 1JZ and 2JZ valve covers are NOT! the same bolt hole design, which means that you can NOT! use 2JZ valve covers on a 1JZ. To purchase new 1JZ valve covers contact Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota. A year ago, the price was $240 EACH! Jeff wil get back to me if they are different, and i will edit this post.

Valve Cover Gaskets:
The 1JZ and 2JZ valve cover Gaskets are the same. So, you CAN! use the 2JZ valve cover gaskets on the 1JZ. The P/N's for the 2JZ gaskets are:
11213-46020 Gasket, Vc List 13.53 Cost 10.00
11214-46011 Gasket, Vc List 13.53 Cost 10.00 from Elmhurst Toyota. I'm sure that Champion has a similar to exact same price. :D

Any questions in regards to this, let me know.

Bryan

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
who would want to use 2j valve covers on their 1J. i dont want my engine lookin like no 2J :confused:

btw, 240 for each cover? DAMN

·
Registered
202 Posts
I didn't think the gaskets were identical were they? The 2JZs are useable though.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coz said:
I didn't think the gaskets were identical were they? The 2JZs are useable though.
That was my understanding as well. I don't know if they are exactly the same, but i know that you CAN! use them. Several guys with 1JZ's on here use the 2JZ gaskets b/c Toyota ALWAYS has them in stock, and you don't have to worry about waiting several weeks or months.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the gaskets can be used from the 2j but the valve covers are totally different unless your an good tig welder ...............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts