Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am refurbishing 2 sets of headlights inside and out hence why i want to do this i've read ALOT of info/threads but i'm still uncertain of a few things, Threads are old and outdated.

The few questions i have is i've seen it on alot of supra's when people finish there lense's it looks like a rainbow i know it's just something simple like a special type of clear, That being said what it is? i would love to do both of my headlights in this clear : https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/33/d4/3133d4c692dcabc6c27187ae945ba5d3.jpg

What is the BEST solution for the rings? This is my biggest problem i think re-doing them in chrome is out of the picture, All spray is shit hard to wrap it etc, I'm thinking just painting them white or silver or something like that, I just really want to get these headlights done.

lastly, HID's from what i've read it's only really worth retrofitting the low beams, Is it really worth retrofitting though? something like s2000's which i'm considering

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wonder if you can get aftermarket rings or go through a third party and have them fabricated, that way they can simply be placed on and are removable. I still cant believe the chrome was just painted on for them..

·
Administrator
8,793 Posts
I wonder if you can get aftermarket rings or go through a third party and have them fabricated, that way they can simply be placed on and are removable. I still cant believe the chrome was just painted on for them..
On the 97-98 headlights the chrome was vapor-depositioned onto the plastic, it was not painted on.

There are some places that will redo this process onto the lights, the one I've found through "Biologist" is out west and has 3-5 month lead time. His prices weren't bad I want to say around $300 + shipping for the bezels. He rechrome plates the rings and repaints the bezels to factory color.

Fabricating the rings to install would be incredibly inefficient and costly for a pair of lights. You would be best off buying new ones instead of reinventing the wheel here. Theres a point where it becomes cost prohibative.

Regarding retrofitting the headlights, the best bang for the buck retrofit is the Rx350 bi xenons in the low beam position. I have custom cnc'd install kits for this retrofit, please inquire within. I did rx350 in my low beam and morimoto mini d2s in my foglight position.

Retrofitting the oem headlight from a halogen projector with an HID bulb in it to an HID projector is night and day. One of the better bang for the buck mods I've done.
Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts