Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REITER Engineering presents the Murciélago Strada concept. The new REITER model, which follows closely in the footsteps of its older sibling, the REITER Murciélago R-GT, will be bringing all the GT racing technology it can muster to this street-prowling variant.

A heavy application of carbon fiber is used on the street-legal Murciélago Strada, on the front splitter, rear diffuser and rear wing. REITER engineers also provide the race suspension and brake-system, as well as the light-alloy wheels. Inside comes an Alcantara leather finish for the cockpit along with REITER-designed sport seats.

Optional is a roll-cage, also tempered by an Alcantara "soft-sleeve" finish, and a carbon-covered fire extinguisher, serving as a reminder of what kind of beast lingers beneath this beautiful facade.

REITER claims just the sound of the sport exhaust system will win over your heart. Of course, there is very little reason to doubt that it won't.

As a side note, the FIA will be introducing a new GT1 racer at the 24h of Spa, which takes place later today July 25 in Belgium, based on the Lamborghini Murciélago SV (LP670-4), the fastest Lambo around. Dubbed the REITER LP670 R-SV REITER Engineering claims it meets all standards for the FIA GT World Championship for 2010.
The main objective of the REITER Strada concept is to bring the technology, experience and know-how from many years of motorsport activity to the street. A typical Lamborghini, in itself a work of art, nevertheless leaves a few areas for optimization.

The REITER Murciélago Strada is designed in the style of its aggressive looking brother the race REITER Murciélago R-GT. Large quantities of carbon-fiber are also used on this model. The front splitter, rear diffusor and rear wing are manufactured specially from this precious material. The application of original Alcantara leather in the cockpit for the in-house designed sports bucket seats lends the car more than a touch of sporting elegance.

The undoubted spectacular appearance of the REITER Murciélago Strada is more than emphasized by the sound of our exhaust system.

The race proven suspension, for which a special set-up was developed during the course of a lengthy and extensive test program by our professional race drivers and engineers, improves the handling. This, combined with the racing brake-system and REITER light-alloy wheel rims, ensures that the entire package provides the greatest driving pleasure.

It is not only the wheel rims that originate from the REITER Murciélago R-GT race car, but also an optional roll-cage with Alcantara "soft-sleeve" covering, or a state-of-the-art light-weight carbon covered fire extinguisher system can also be installed.

· Registered
44 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
i'm waiting, waiting, waiting for a supercar from Lambo. I know they are considered to be supercars, but I'm talking Enzo, MC-12, CCXR category. If the Reventon had the performance to match it's looks that could've been it.

· Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the occasion of the 24 hours of Spa, the third car built in accordance to the 2010 GT1 Technical Regulations was unveiled today. Based on Lamborghini's Murcielago swansong, the street-legal LP 670-4 SuperVeloce, Reiter Engineering revealed their LP 670 R-SV.

The LP670 R-SV compared to it's race bred Murcielago R-GT predecessor boasts of a carbon fiber outer skin with significantly improved aerodynamics. It is equipped with a new, more powerful 6.5 V12 engine producing 670 PS / 493 kW (without restrictor), which propels the R-SV with 660 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm. The FIA-ECU from Magneti Marelli regulates the engine control.

The REITER Lamborghini P670 R-SV is designed and manufactured to comply with the FIA 2010 regulations. The FIA allows only 6 automobile brands to be nominated. The race car is targeting to be nominated for the GT World Championship.

The GT1 machine from REITER measures 4800 mm in length and is 2058 mm wide. The total weight is 1,150 kg (2535 lbs) plus ballast to correspond with the FIA 2010 regulations.

· Who's the Master?!
6,272 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't like it?
Not at all. The mods cheapen the look.

The GT1, the Ford and the GTR are sexy as shit though. Especially that curvy Ford GT. I think I would eat a puppy for that lineup. Actually, no. I'd eat a puppy if those three were joined by a Cinque.

· Registered
1,324 Posts
Why is that guy taking a dump on the front of the R-SV so happy?:dunno:

Back to the cars. Don't like the Strada concept. Hood vents in a rear engine car are goofy unless those have something to do with brake cooling, but they still look awful. Not a fan of the wheels and the wing is hideous. I do like the exhast treatment though. Guess I'm just a fan of the stock LP-640.

As for the race car. That thing is just sick. Even looks cool under the cover. that Ford GT is pretty damn sweet too. The GT-R is out of it's league in the looks department on that stage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.