Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

When I was NA, I got the Greddy MX exhaust, but now I am TT through a JDM conversion. The question is simple, is the Greddy MX exhaust sufficent or should I get a exhaust more classically used with the TT guys (To get maximal horsepower through opening up of the exhaust). And yes, I do have the downpipe fitted to my JDM setup. I didnt post this in the TT forum, just trying not to double post. Thanks!

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should def do better then the stock TT system, but im looking to achieve the GTE potential (ie the importance of the downpipe so there is no restriction).

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
The MX is the most restrictive aftermarket exhaust as it was made for N/A application. It's better flowing then the factory TT but if I were you get something bigger i.e. 3.5 inches or larger for maximum performance.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin, that was exactly my suspicion, time for me to upgrade the exhaust and sell this MX exhaust. Now I have to figure out which TT exhaust to get.... :dunno:

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
Blitz NUR spec and the HKS Ti are very nice exhausts out there.

Let me know if you find out which catback exhaust you want, my prices are set very competitively. PM me

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey SupaSupraSE - I was looking into the Apexi GT spec exhaust. Im not a fan of the Blitz NUR exhaust, whats the price on the HKS Ti exhaust?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
If your running the stock JDM setup get ready for Overboosting if you get a larger DP and free flowing exhaust.

Are you using a Downpipe or the Stock Cats? If your using the JDM Cats then never mind.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Begone

Yeah man, I am already overboosting...but I am switching out the JDMs for some US spec twins, so no worries. I am using a downpipe currently.

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
If you are on stock twins, i dont see why you would need anything bigger than the 3.5 inches that Kevin suggested.

If you cant afford the HKS Hiper Ti, you can always go with Apexi N1 or either the HKS Carbon Ti or Hi-power exhaust. (The HKS are the same, except one "looks" cooler than the other, and is a little more expensive)

I went with the HPF Goliath 4in though.....

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
DrDJDesi said:
Begone

Yeah man, I am already overboosting...but I am switching out the JDMs for some US spec twins, so no worries.
I have the Super Dragger Exhaust on mine. I like it. But others will tell it sucks. I think it looks sweet and sounds great. But read that review in the TT section on the 4" exhausts. It was a great test.

Hey with the US twins are you going to change injectors or just leave the 440's? I kinda want to leave my J-spec Turbos and just get larger injectors so I can increase the boost and not lean out. Right now i'm overboosting but planning on installing a Restrictor plate to limit boost to around 14-16 psi. The Euro guys say they do it all day long safely. :dunno:

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mogallo said:
If you are on stock twins, i dont see why you would need anything bigger than the 3.5 inches that Kevin suggested.

If you cant afford the HKS Hiper Ti, you can always go with Apexi N1 or either the HKS Carbon Ti or Hi-power exhaust. (The HKS are the same, except one "looks" cooler than the other, and is a little more expensive)

I went with the HPF Goliath 4in though.....

Reread his reply :stickpoke Yeah, ive heard good things about the HKS Ti exhaust. I think I might go with the Apexi GT

Begone: Yup, I have upgraded injectors

·
New York Sports
952 Posts
Desi I'm going HKS Ti all the way. BTW, my project is almost underway, cant wait for this swap man, I'm going single right away.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Wow there are 2 threads in a row that ask exactly the same question....:dunno:

I'll post the same thing I posted in the one above this...

Get a 4" exhaust and 3" dp and you won't believe the difference :)

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I would not spend $1100 on a TI exhaust. The differences are not enough to spend that kind of money. I'd just assume get the Boostlogic Exhaust or one of the others that were tested.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
begone said:
I would not spend $1100 on a TI exhaust. The differences are not enough to spend that kind of money. I'd just assume get the Boostlogic Exhaust or one of the others that were tested.

You can pick up a new HKS Ti for less than $900 if you keep your eyes peeled. I did it :)

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mogallo said:
I still dont get it....

BTW the Hiper Ti is about 1,100 .... here's you a good link for exhausts.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/viewproduct~Toyota~Supra_93-98~~Exhaust~Exhaust_Systems~.html
Yeah, the hiper Ti is a good exhaust, I just cant get myself to pay that much for an exhaust. I figure I can drop 500-600 and pick up a perfectly good exhaust with money left for more toys :bigthumb:

Alot of people say the "look" of the exhaust doesnt matter, but Im just not a big fan of the exhausts the come out at a slight angle.

So question: Best exhaust for 500-600 range is....(if you attach a photo, you will be even cooler) :yum:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts