Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna change clutch. I'm taking out the pressure plate, however I must get the release fork out, but looking at it, what's the easiest + best way to take it out? undo the pin? or unbolt the 2 bolts? please help someone!?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dealer said:
gonna change clutch. I'm taking out the pressure plate, however I must get the release fork out, but looking at it, what's the easiest + best way to take it out? undo the pin? or unbolt the 2 bolts? please help someone!?!
I've have to replace the release fork (it broke). It's very easy. You'll have to re-bleed your clutch lines anyways...

Unbolt the inspection window on the driver side in front of the slave clutch cylinder. You'll see the bottom of the fork with the slave rod inside its groove. Just pull back on the slave rod and pull the fork out. It's only held in place by a thin spring like holder...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. actually i've already taken the whole transmission out and its sitting on a table. however just looking at the release fork it looks pretty tricky. i'll just try tugging harder on it to see if i can get it out.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
once the pressure plate is unbolted from the flywheel, if you toggle it around back and forth it should slip out...
make sure it's all the way back in when you're putting it back though... it's so simple but so vital to the functions of a clutch.

good luck

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
Use some brake cleaner ro remove the disk dust(same material as brakes) That should make it happy. also dont forget to lub the fork at the pivot point when you reinstall it. Makes for a happy fork. 80)

Hector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts