Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am putting my battery into the hatch and was looking at how the stock setup is done. For the block ground, does that HAVE to be put to the battery? What I was thinking of doing was just running the one wire from the starter to the hatch for power, and then grounding out the battery to the chasis in two different spots in the hatch. And then making a seperate ground from the block to the chasis in the engine bay. Is that doable? I am using 0 gauge welding cable (600V -50C +105C) and am running the power wire underneath the car.

And another question, for the RTR fuse, what is an acceptable gauge wire to use for that, since it connects to the possitive terminal.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got an optima battery so I wouldn't have to use a sealed battery box. I got No. 2 battery wire from NAPA and ran it from the starter solenoid to the battery. It runs under the car in the housing for the fuel lines. I drilled a hole in front of the tank to run the wire to the battery. I used pieces of hose to prevent chafing the wire at the hole and in other places. Negative is grounded to the chassis near the battery. I used bulb grease at all connections. HTH
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts