Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
50 shot dry, other mods consist of intake, exhaust, x-pipe, smaller blower pulley, all tuned through a chip...yeah his brake rotors were def. glowing from the brake boosting!

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a 50 shot on the newer 03' 04' cobras produce such good results, from hitting the blower, and the intercooler, to colling down the intake charge so much, it makes for double the power!

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
LeoGSVT said:
a 50 shot on the newer 03' 04' cobras produce such good results, from hitting the blower, and the intercooler, to colling down the intake charge so much, it makes for double the power!
How is that possible though? Are you dead sure that isn't a 75 or 100 shot? I've never heard of a 50 shot making 100rwhp and Eric thinks you might have the jets mixed up.

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the guy i purchased the kit from told me its a 50 shot jet???? maybe its more...but ive seen 3 cars that have the same results as mine did..a guy over on the SVTboards said he picked up 250+lbs or torqe. with his 100 shot!!!!!

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
LeoGSVT said:
the guy i purchased the kit from told me its a 50 shot jet???? maybe its more...but ive seen 3 cars that have the same results as mine did..a guy over on the SVTboards said he picked up 250+lbs or torqe. with his 100 shot!!!!!

Torque is different, but the rule is, supercharging or turbocharging alike, with a 50 shot you get right at 50rwhp. Not to mention you don't even have a bottle heater.

Eric sprayed something like 100+ shot to get the horsepower you made on the dyno WITH a ported blower and a bottle heater.

I guarantee you that thing is shooting more than 50. That'sjust not physically possible.

Torque is just a measurement of work, a calculation of horsepower and RPM, so obvisouly you make more torque than lets say a 2JZ-GTE engine because you make peak horsepower sooner. Notice a Honda S2000 has no torque? It's because it makes peak horsepower at redline.

That being said you should check that jet and see what you're really spraying into that engine. I wouldn't assume it's a 50 if you're picking up that much horsepower and obviously you did because you were able to stay side by side and the race before that was way unfair.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I don't get why he needed to brake boost. Unless he has an .81 Q trim, he shouldn't need to do that. It looks like he lags way too much even if that was the case.

In any case, that looked fucking fun :).

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,150 Posts
well looks like the supra starts too pull but then he shifts like granny. understandable... but still.. shifts look like he lost that one

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
silvino said:
I don't get why he needed to brake boost. Unless he has an .81 Q trim, he shouldn't need to do that. It looks like he lags way too much even if that was the case.

In any case, that looked fucking fun :).
I don' have an 81 Q trim but you still have to brake boost a T67 with a .68 A/R or a Cobra with NOS will destroy you...I mean the jump would be HUGE.

Please explain because I'd love to know how else you make the turbo spool...

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
braddman said:
I don' have an 81 Q trim but you still have to brake boost a T67 with a .68 A/R or a Cobra with NOS will destroy you...I mean the jump would be HUGE.

Please explain because I'd love to know how else you make the turbo spool...
Hey Brad...maybe this may help you guy. In your particular situation, you have options:

1. Find out where your peak torque is at in your powerband. The key here is to put your tach a cunt hair before your peak torque. This will give you that instance take off that you are trying to achieve. You may need to downshift to reach this, however it would help with more revs on the car.

2. In addition to the above...it ALWAYS helps if you have as much traction as possible. Not sure if you were spinning or what not but traction is king on the street.

3. Brake boosting could be your friend and enemy. If you get it just right it will definitely help you take off however if not done right could cost you the race. My feeling is that with the turbo combo that you have, just turn the boost up a pinch and all would be history. I would not advise to brake boosting too much. Way too many people use that as a cruch. Always save brake boosting to the end. Not to mention your brakes will love you for it.

:)

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
JAP F16 said:
Hey Brad...maybe this may help you guy. In your particular situation, you have options:

1. Find out where your peak torque is at in your powerband. The key here is to put your tach a cunt hair before your peak torque. This will give you that instance take off that you are trying to achieve. You may need to downshift to reach this, however it would help with more revs on the car.

2. In addition to the above...it ALWAYS helps if you have as much traction as possible. Not sure if you were spinning or what not but traction is king on the street.

3. Brake boosting could be your friend and enemy. If you get it just right it will definitely help you take off however if not done right could cost you the race. My feeling is that with the turbo combo that you have, just turn the boost up a pinch and all would be history. I would not advise to brake boosting too much. Way too many people use that as a cruch. Always save brake boosting to the end. Not to mention your brakes will love you for it.

:)
I would get murdered without brake boosting. I say that because I didn't brake boost a couple of times when he took off before me and then I got on it after that and it definitely isn't like it instantly pulls. I was in peak torque area but there is no peak torque unless the turbo is spun up, so I don't get what you guys are talking about.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts