Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my engine temperature is around 97 degrees celcius - 107 degrees celsius... I think it's just a lil high. So I was wondering if there is anything I can do that isn't too exprensive to keep it cooler? I have one big electric fan on it right now... Would smaller dual electric fans work better? any ideas would be great thank you.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Install a 180 degree thermostat

OR...

Put in 2 bottles of Redline Water Wetter

OR...

Some kind of heatwrapping or venting to keep engine bay temps down

OR...

More air introduced to the radiator

The list goes on, better cooling is very easy to do. The biggest problem is that most cooling systems aren't fully functional. Engine undercovers are missing, fan shrouds are missing, coolant is improperly mixed, radiators are old... that list goes on too.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
I'd do a new thermostat, radiator cap, and atleast 1 bottle of redline water wetter or royal purple ice.

If its been a while since you've flushed out the coolant and poured in new coolant, I'd do that too. Remember to only use distilled water to dilute the coolant.

And don't forget to burp.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
you have one electric fan on it now, but is there a fan shroud with it?

fan shrouds are essential, since the air will take the path of least resistance which is from around the fan, not through the radiator...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Poodles said:
you have one electric fan on it now, but is there a fan shroud with it?

fan shrouds are essential, since the air will take the path of least resistance which is from around the fan, not through the radiator...
Exactly. Most people don't understand this important fact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts