Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Executive *****istrator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I THINK I found out what's wrong with the car, but need your input and opinion about my findings. I've attached a picture so you can see what hose I'm talking about.

First of all, on saturday I decided to check my Supra again to see if I noticed something out of place, hoses, etc. Everything looked okay, but noticed a crack/tear/hole in a hose. I checked the diagram to see what hose this was, we'll it the hose connecting the actuator to the VSV (on top of where turbo #2 is)...........wooooohoooooo....:thinking hopefully this is it:.....................so what do you guys think.

If you look at the picture, there is an arrow pointing to the hose I'm talking about. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could answer the following ???'s I have

1. Could this tear in the hose be my reason for running shitty times at the tracks (really didn't feel the car pull hard on the 2nd turbo)?

2. Is boost being leaked from that hose, still learning my car?

3. What size of hose will I need to buy?

I'm getting my boost guage today, will install it and do a couple of WOT on the same hose, so I can see what my boost reading is, then I'll change the hose and do the same.

What are you all's opinions?? Please respond :)

thanks in advance,
john

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey, that's the same hose that caused my 2nd turbo not to come online. The hose on my car was "tired" and it easily slipped out of the VSV nipple. When this hose comes loose the car feels like it is struggling to make power above 4K rpm. You will not hear the exhaust note get louder as the 2nd turbo transition starts. That is definately a vacuum leak.

The hose size is either 4mm or 6mm, bring your hose to a local auto shop, preferably a japanese import shop. Kragen has english size hoses, but I'm sure they have a size close enough. I also zip tied all my VSV hoses afterwards.

If you make too many runs past 4K rpms, your plugs will probably get fouled, so check them and replace if necessary.

·
Executive *****istrator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sleeper said:
If you make too many runs past 4K rpms, your plugs will probably get fouled, so check them and replace if necessary.
that explains why my car misfires at times, thanks sleeper

anyone else......

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That hose controls one of the valves that open to let #2 send the boost through the system. Without it opening correctly or fully you should have been down on boost/power. It is also a minor boost leak which should have caused a rich condition. Just take it off and go to Pep Boys to get some new vacuum line to replace it with.

·
Registered
658 Posts
it appears to be the hose from the vsv to the Iacv and yes a leak in this could cause the symptoms you describe. Personally I would replace all your vacuum hoses they get old and brittle after a while. check out www.hosetechniques.com No financial relationship just a satisfied customer etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts