Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'll have 3 amps in my setup. Do I just split the remote amp turnon wire into 3 seperate wires and run one into each amp? Or do I need to daisy-chain the one wire from one amp to the next?

- Andy

·
Registered
691 Posts
put a female spade connector at the end of your lead back from the head unit... then take a male and put four female ended wires all into so it looks like a pitchfork... that way if you get rid of an amp you can just leave the covered female ends there or take the fork out to easily remove the whole wire

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
use 2 remote wires, twist them up with a screw gun, run it to one amp, use another piece to run to the other amps

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
I have 4 remote turn ons connected with one signal wire from the headunit. My 5 channel amp, capacitor voltage display, bass cube, and line adapter. No problems here.

Brian

·
Registered
219 Posts
brianb said:
I have 4 remote turn ons connected with one signal wire from the headunit. My 5 channel amp, capacitor voltage display, bass cube, and line adapter. No problems here.

Brian
That makes no sence at all. Caps don't need remote turn on. Most of the time more then 3 amps will work off the remote turnon wire but there are instances when they won't. I would use relay just to make sure.

J

·
0 Posts
retrodrive said:
That makes no sence at all. Caps don't need remote turn on.
The cap won't, but the display would.

It does depend on the amps, as to how many you can turn on with the remote lead, and other accessories that you have connected.

At one time, I was running 4 12V fans, 2 amps, a couple of displays and an RTA using the remote turn-on lead. Yes, there I used a relay, because the fans alone exceeded the recommended current max from my HU. Now, I don't have the fans, the displays, or the RTA. So I got rid of the relay, as it was just another layer of complication that I didn't need.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can you link me to a cap that needs a remore turnon? My expirence is mainly with caps that take the reading off the main power wire through main terminals on the Cap. Interesting.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
retrodrive said:
That makes no sence at all. Caps don't need remote turn on. Most of the time more then 3 amps will work off the remote turnon wire but there are instances when they won't. I would use relay just to make sure.
I guess you weren't the best reader in your class?

I said that I used it for my 'capacitor voltage display,' and YES my cap' needs a remote turn on.

Maybe if you brushed up on your reading AND comprehension skills, future posts will make more sense to you. Your overall quality of life would improve as well.

That is all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts