Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been searching, i swear i saw a post on this already but i didn't see it after 15 mins of searches. What exactly can all be safely removed from the engine bay? I want to know everything that can come out, with exception to my power steering that i want! lol. WHat parts, hoses, etc... I want to know anything and everything that can be removed safely. Or point me to the old thread if possible, thanks in advance guys!

-Shannon

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Carcoal Canister
Cruise Control
Boost Pressure Sensor
Air Box
Coil Pack Cover
thats all I can think of in about 15 seconds.

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Interex_87 said:
Carcoal Canister
Cruise Control
Boost Pressure Sensor
Air Box
Coil Pack Cover
thats all I can think of in about 15 seconds.
thats all i can think of too im sure theres more though

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
a/c...........the whole works....condensor....lines .....compressor....etc etc
cruise control
relocate the battery to the back n replace the stock on with a little one

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,905 Posts
Whats the overall purpose here! If you all looking to save weight just get the engine rebuilt properly and slap on agreat spooling powerful turbo. High HP overcomes weight. Unless you are a drag racer you guys are wasteing time, and energy!

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Whats the overall purpose here! If you all looking to save weight just get the engine rebuilt properly and slap on agreat spooling powerful turbo. High HP overcomes weight. Unless you are a drag racer you guys are wasteing time, and energy!
personally i removed a lot of shit because when i look at stock engine bays now i think holy shit thats a lot of crap in there...

it just makes it a nice clean engine bay...SO much better... for instance:

STOCK ENGINE BAY: (best angle i could find since i dont have any)

MY ENGNIE BAY: ( lots of shit removed and i actually took out more since this pic)

BIG DIFFERENCE!

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
I think I have a distributer on my 7M-GTE in addition to my coil packs...does anyone have a N/A engine bay pic of where the distributor is? :lol:

+1 on alarm horn. Useless.

Dont forget:

¤ TEMS
¤ Windsheild wiper squirters, headlight squirters, and reservoir for both, unless you are like me and want to be creative, making your own IC sprayer :p
¤ Turbo heat sheild
¤ Cats!
¤ Most of the screws for holding stuff down like the 3000 pipe and coil packs...just like 1 or 2 is fine, not a bajillion..
¤ Cam gear covers
¤ Cruise control
¤ ABS!!! Flubyux2 had some noticable gains with his removed, although his entire system was fucked up anyways :p
¤ If you are in Florida, the heater stuffs
¤ If you are up north, the A/C

·
Registered
945 Posts
I live in FL....and I will have to vote against removing the heater. It has gotten to near freezing temps this winter and it does every year.

·
5,467 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
I think I have a distributer on my 7M-GTE in addition to my coil packs...does anyone have a N/A engine bay pic of where the distributor is? :lol:

+1 on alarm horn. Useless.

Dont forget:

¤ TEMS
¤ Windsheild wiper squirters, headlight squirters, and reservoir for both, unless you are like me and want to be creative, making your own IC sprayer :p
¤ Turbo heat sheild
¤ Cats!
¤ Most of the screws for holding stuff down like the 3000 pipe and coil packs...just like 1 or 2 is fine, not a bajillion..
¤ Cam gear covers
¤ Cruise control
¤ ABS!!! Flubyux2 had some noticable gains with his removed, although his entire system was fucked up anyways :p
¤ If you are in Florida, the heater stuffs
¤ If you are up north, the A/C

1) i havent had my windhsield squirters in forever and mi ss them everday when i want to get crap off my windshield...i wouldnt recommend taking them off...
2) DO NOT take the turbo heat shield off if you have the option of leavnig it on...mines off because it doesnt fit over the DDP.... but it will heat up those IC pipes going across a lot more and quicker as well with it off
3)screws? wtf is the point of taking those off? mine are off because im lazy and dont care to bolt things down in 10 places when its not necessary but why take them off if you have no reason to?
4) it still gets cold in FL ...heater is your friend
5) you have obviouslynever lived up north...or you were too young to remember...it gets more humid in CT then it does in FL during the summer...AC is a MUST.

as for your distributor... its in the same spot as the cps...you dont have one...i dont knwo why you think you do?? :dunno:

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
IdealSupra said:
1) i havent had my windhsield squirters in forever and mi ss them everday when i want to get crap off my windshield...i wouldnt recommend taking them off...
2) DO NOT take the turbo heat shield off if you have the option of leavnig it on...mines off because it doesnt fit over the DDP.... but it will heat up those IC pipes going across a lot more and quicker as well with it off
3)screws? wtf is the point of taking those off? mine are off because im lazy and dont care to bolt things down in 10 places when its not necessary but why take them off if you have no reason to?
4) it still gets cold in FL ...heater is your friend
5) you have obviouslynever lived up north...or you were too young to remember...it gets more humid in CT then it does in FL during the summer...AC is a MUST.

as for your distributor... its in the same spot as the cps...you dont have one...i dont knwo why you think you do?? :dunno:
1) Since when did Supra/Cressida squirters ever actually hit the windsheild, not other cars, let alone get shit off? :lol:

2) I never had one, I dont have a CT-26, nor do I know how "heavy" the heat sheild is, but you could just bolt some aluminum or something nearby for that...I dunno I have special insulator stuff for my IC piping :lol:

3) They are heavy when you have them all out...I think someone said ~ 100 lbs? I mean you dont actually have to take them out, but again, mine doesnt even have them to begin with so yeah.

4) I dont have a heater core or like anything and it gets warm enough inside

5) Never lived up north. Born and raised in Venice :) I've been to Canada eh, upstate New York, and Alaska, but all during summer time when it was "florida's version of kinda cold"

6) Where is the CPS then? :lol: yeah I dunno...thought it'd be under the cam covers. I was wondering where it was because I have a thing without a cover that spins around when the engine is on, the only thing I think it could be really is a distributor, because all it does is sit there and spin, leaving me to believe its possible that I have an N/A head or something, I dunno

·
5,467 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
6) Where is the CPS then? :lol: yeah I dunno...thought it'd be under the cam covers. I was wondering where it was because I have a thing without a cover that spins around when the engine is on, the only thing I think it could be really is a distributor, because all it does is sit there and spin, leaving me to believe its possible that I have an N/A head or something, I dunno

oh boy....its your CPS...a NA engine DOES NOT HAVE A DIZZY....

that is all

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not removing stuff for weight savings, theres just WAY to much going on in there....

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks that will definatly help. Only if everything was labeled! Just got this car I'm not entirely knowledgable on what every single thing does. I'll learn real fast though as the cars being dismantled down to nothing but shell. Just bought it, was kinda hoping it owuld at least make it through summer. :(

So far an uptodat list of everything removable:
-TEMS
-headlight squirters
-Turbo heat sheild (probably not)
-Cats (already gone)
-Screws(still not sure what your talking about here, or how many your talking about)
-Cam gear covers
-Cruise control
-ABS (keeping, for now anyway)
-heater( live in wisconsin, so thats a big NO)
-A/C (again live in wisconsin, so this is doable)
-Alarm Horn ( is there removable electronics for the alarm aswell?
-Battery
-Carcoal Canister
-Boost Pressure Sensor
-Air Box (already gone)
-Coil Pack Cover

Seems like theres more arrows in that picture what else can be added to the list? (nvm, theres more listed than arrows)

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
If you pop the hood and look by the 3000 pipe and coil packs, there are nuts and screws and whatnot that keep them bolted to the engine. Dont worry about it, its not that big of a difference.

I'll find some stuff here and there next time I pop the hood.

Hell heres one I thought of! Hood support struts if they dont work anymore. Mine works fine, but I'm still missing a thing for the other side, so actually when I close my hood, it rubs a bit on the other side :doh:

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine hit the windshield aswell, and In wisconsin i don't think i could drive without them, i use them daily here. something ALWAYS manages to dirty it up. and since i can get 2 gallon jugs of fluid for 94 cents, its no loss. I see what you mean now orion, thanks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts