Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it as simple as unbolting it and throwing it into the trash?

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Removing the speaker itself is cake...removing the entire enclosure is kind of tricky. This is what I did: I used a regular hacksaw blade to cut a vertical slit in the plastic enclosure [near where the wires come through]. Doing that allowed me to slip the wires out to allow total removal of the enclosure.

Brian

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey can some one tell me how to build a box that can fix my targa and my spare as well ... the last thread i can not see the picture....thanks

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
hey brianb, did you have to take out the stock speaker crap to install that box that you had?...just wondering when I "borrow" your design if I have to do that extra work.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
I didn't have to, but I did to make room to hide the power wires, speaker wires and RCA cables, etc. My hatch looks like a disaster area right now. I'm cleaning everything up and preparing to spray and lay some sound dampening material.

Brian

·
4,417 Posts
brianb said:
Removing the speaker itself is cake...removing the entire enclosure is kind of tricky. This is what I did: I used a regular hacksaw blade to cut a vertical slit in the plastic enclosure [near where the wires come through]. Doing that allowed me to slip the wires out to allow total removal of the enclosure.

Brian
I did the same thing... except substitute "rotozip" for "hacksaw blade". :D :D :D

What the hell are those wires for anyway? Do they go to the rear speakers?

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Mohd might know what those wires are...I'll ask him in a bit and reply here. I never looked it up so I have no idea. The wires are soft to the touch...kinda funny seeing something like that back there...

Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
My guess was that they may be connected to a fuel quantity sender unit, or something fuel related. I cant think of much anything else that lives underneath that area. Only a guess though.

Bob

·
4,417 Posts
brianb said:
As confirmed by Mohd, the 2 wires running through the stock subwoofer enclosure are for the ABS sensors.

Brian
I thought they looked pretty important... glad I didn't cut them. :D Wierd that they chose to run them through the sub-enclosure... oh well.

Thanks for the info!

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
For those of you who didn't have a stock sub, what are those cables holding down the foam piece? Are they important? I'm planning on making a fiberglass enclosure in the stock sub area. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts