I know it helps in this way
-save 22 pounds
-It will make it much more easy to to reach the oil filter from the top

what else ?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
- clean up the engine bay a bit
- offer another location to mount various things i.e. FPR, HKS DLI, Oil Relocation..etc

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I don't think there is a mechanical benefit but losing 22lbs and cleaning up the engine bay is enough of a benefit for me.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im just asking since i ditched mine anyways and was wondering why did they(toyota) even waste there time putting it in .

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
I just took mine out, did not want my car to gain weight with the bigger turbo and keep it still at 3140ibs :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
i ditched mine a longgg time ago and it made a huge difference in the engine bay, cant wait to get fuel in and a IM, gotta love the neatness of a wireless engine bay :) i dont really think there are any cons of taking it out, unless u screw it up n start having problems, but its pretty much fail-safe

·
Registered
382 Posts
Now that I've gone single I want to take as much crap out as I can.

things I want to take out:
1. charcoal canister
2. pressure tank
3. evap vsv
4. trac pump
5. abs

what else??

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have had problems with my abs not working consistantly in the past so I had pulled the fuse ( for testing the system), and just got used to the feel of it ( no more bad vibrating), still not sure if I'll keep it and get it repaired or ditch it??

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Ranger498 said:
Just wondering why some people remove the Trac Pump & Trac Actuator
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/no_trac/no_trac/

I know it helps in this way
-save 22 pounds
-It will make it much more easy to to reach the oil filter from the top

what else ?
DO IT :1poke:

I just pulled my last week. Really cleans things up ALOT, and as others mentioned, gives you room to put lots of other stuff.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
mk4playy said:
What are the cons????
Your oem traction control system won't be able to automagically apply your brakes anymore...

Ranger498 said:
im just asking since i ditched mine anyways and was wondering why did they(toyota) even waste there time putting it in .
Imo, was just another way Toyota thought they could to keep the 'non-drivers' from wrecking the car. I guess they figured if a surgeon bought an mkiv supra brand new (just because he could afford it), then the car should know when he really didn't mean to keep the accelerator jammed to the floor and probably should have put on the brakes instead (and then be able to fully act on that decision). :sadance: ...I have to guess the auto-braking feature wasn't really that important after all, since they pulled it out of the ODBII Mkiv's...

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
makes lots of extra room and cleans up under the engine bay a bit....but running that new brakeline was almost as fun as pulling stock twins...

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
Morefaster said:
makes lots of extra room and cleans up under the engine bay a bit....but running that new brakeline was almost as fun as pulling stock twins...
Fwiw, you don't have to run a new brake line...with some extreme care the original brakeline can be gently reshaped over to the bmc...

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Morefaster said:
Yup...you didn't have to do that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts