Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to be replacing my stock twins with a set of lower mileage stock twins. how long does it typically take to remove them? i need to plan out ahead of time so i can take a day off or two from work if need be.

thanks,

rom

·
Registered
497 Posts
It took me about 10 hours I guess but I took my time and ran into a couple of difficult bolts. Personally I would bank on taking two days off work or do it over a weekend. Take photos and label/bag up as you go if you plan to replace the stockers. There's a lot of stuff to take off and put back on.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i plan on doing it over the weekend. i'll probably take friday or monday off to have 4 days total. thanks!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
what are you going to do with the old stockers? I think I broke some components on mine & need some replacement parts without doing an entire swap. not sure what I broke yet...I'll let you know

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
took me a total of about 8hrs and a period of 2 days...
oh, btw, a 14mm ratchet wrench will be your best friend

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i suggest buying new rubber hoses for the oil lines. i had to cut mine just to get the twins off. After all the miles and heat, they were pretty dryrotted

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would you know what size the hoses were so i can buy them before hand?

·
Registered
638 Posts
shouldnt take no time.............3hrs if you stay working at it. there preyty heavily to get off tho! just get alot of pb blaster!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts