Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up! i was pondering to myself the other day, could we remove our turbos and put a 100-200 shot of nos in instead? the motor already has sufficent fuel and internals. i bet this would be a great buget setup! you can buy a nos system for like 500-600 bucks. talk about cheap reliable power! and i bet this setup would yeald much better 1/8,1/4 mile times due to no turbo lag.

anyone done this? howd it turn out? good idea or bad? ahh lifes little questions!

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Why the fudge not do this to a non turbo? Why take the turbo off in the first place? Seems like a lot to not bother upgrading the fuel system.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, look. the non turbos are higher compression and they dont have the 440's, they dont have the same ignition system, do you need more reasons? im thinking it might work just like if you built a motor for nos. strong bottom end, good flowing head, fuel, ignition, etc.

dont waste my time flaming me, i am asking a serious question here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Add a smaller shot of NOS and leave the turbo. You'll get tired of going to the gas store to fill up your 10 pound bottle of NOS every 5 minutes.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you guys read my thread or are you just posting to post? you always have to fill nitrous tanks. thats a fact of the nos life. i dont care about the turbo, that isnt the question. if you read the above, i asked what it would be like if you just had the nos system hooked up.....not both! turbos have there pros, i had a 500 hp setup with a sp61gt and full bpu. i know the kind of power that yealds. i have also had turbo with nos. i wana know about just the nitrous on a stock turbo motor without the turbo!!!!! simple, see?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
yeah dude..do it..i dont give a fuck. Im just posting just to post. :blah:

J

·
0 Posts
Motors built for nitrous use, are built extremely similarly to all motor engines. i.e. higher compression.
Build up a nasty NA, and throw your nitrous at it.
It'll cost more in the long run, and you'll hate it off the juice.
Nitrous is... well...

That'd just be opinion...

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Your still going to run into the problem of ALWAYS wanting to go fast... And unless you have unlimited budget or are like DamnCar with his 40 bottles of NOS to go with your 40 buttons..... It just isn't something worth doing unless you have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... Think about it.. When you are off the spray; the car is boring? So to have fun you spray... How many sprays per bottle? Doesn't a turbo just seem more what is the word....... EFFICIENT?

But who cares; I'm just posting for the post count.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup, i know i was in a bad mood when i posted my lashing, sorry everybody.

im not nessisarily talking about a street car, im talking about a drag car. i mean, would it be faster, more bang for the buck. what else could you do for the cash? 500 bucks might yeald another 50-100hp, but with nitrous it could yeald 200 hp. our motors can handle up to 500 hp on stock internals. were talking flat out low buget speed!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you taking into account how weak the turbo motor is without a turbo? You are adding this 200 shot to a measly 150hp motor (sans turbo). Theres people who hit 350rwhp on a stock ct26 with the right boltons (which you will need if you want your nitrous'd motor to actually make use of the 200 shot anyway). Just generally not a good idea.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what bolt ons are you reffering to? you can make well over 300rwhp on a stock fuel system. infact you can push it to 400rwhp. thats more than im talking. i dont know power figures without the turbo, but i would venture to say its no more than 50hp loss at stock settings. i drove my car without the turbo for a few weeks, it felt slugish, but overall fine. i just bolted up the n/a manifold+ex.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you are just going through mk3withdraws David. Crazy idea but I'm sure it is possible.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahaha.....god, your right! i know, it im going crazy....all of these crazy ideas keep going through my head.....turbo....nos....stroker....twins....rocket power..........ahhhhhhhh!!!! worst of all i cant spend a dime, i am gona be a dad soon.....not to mention a.....a...married man! J/K ill be back soon (a year or so i hope)

i swear to god it is an addiction. i need my fix........someone take me for a ride in your supra quick. im losing it.

by the way, whats up chase! hows life?

·
Registered
454 Posts
DAVID SWEARINGEN said:
what bolt ons are you reffering to? you can make well over 300rwhp on a stock fuel system. infact you can push it to 400rwhp. thats more than im talking. i dont know power figures without the turbo, but i would venture to say its no more than 50hp loss at stock settings. i drove my car without the turbo for a few weeks, it felt slugish, but overall fine. i just bolted up the n/a manifold+ex.
Boltons = turbo-back exhaust, intake, fuel controller, boost controller, clutch, fuel pressure regulator, upgraded fuel pump... These are all things you'll still need. Do you know what the supra dynos to the wheels stock? I'll give you a hint...Its not 200+

1 - 20 of 49 Posts