Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the ABS unit? Taking it off is not a problem, but re-routing the brake lines seems to be quite confusing. If anybody provide step by step instructions that would be great. Thanks.
 

·
Bad RSP supra
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
remove the abs. you will have to redo all the lines. the outa the two ports off the master, take one all the way back and T them off to the rear wheels, and do the same for the fronts. simple as that
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about all the lines to the ABS unit? What do I do with those? So you are saying take one line from the master cylinder and T it to the rear wheels and then the other port on the master cylinder to the front and T as well? And all the other lines...what do I do with those??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,271 Posts
HyperHoHo1 said:
How about all the lines to the ABS unit? What do I do with those? So you are saying take one line from the master cylinder and T it to the rear wheels and then the other port on the master cylinder to the front and T as well? And all the other lines...what do I do with those??

I bet I could answer all of your questions :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound Performance said:
I bet I could answer all of your questions :)
Please do :) Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I think it's after seeing your engine bay, that I decided to take out the ABS....and I'm serious!
 

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
Joined
·
4,520 Posts
Sound Performance said:
I bet I could answer all of your questions :)

I bet I could answer all your questions too :)
I just did this to my car. Its not really all that hard.
Cleans up the under hood area tremendously.
Especially for us guys running HKS twins.
That rear turbo was crowded with abs.
I was never able to find a source for stardard thread to metric unions
and I would PAY for that info ! LOL
But anyway... Go For It, abs is gay anyway ;)
 

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
Joined
·
4,520 Posts
I'm out the door for now but I will reply this afternoon.
 

·
OG
Joined
·
754 Posts
im throwing in my line lock soon on my 95tt & trac pump is already gone.

so its probably a good time to yank the ABS while im setting up the line lock.

so im looking for some tips or tricks to make this as painless as possible. there's gotta be an easier solution than running all new lines to the back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,271 Posts
Team Toyota said:
im throwing in my line lock soon on my 95tt & trac pump is already gone.

so its probably a good time to yank the ABS while im setting up the line lock.

so im looking for some tips or tricks to make this as painless as possible. there's gotta be an easier solution than running all new lines to the back.

You dont have to run new lines to the back!! Both rear lines come all the way up front to a block on the frame rail right below the steering column!! EASY!!
 

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
Joined
·
4,520 Posts
Team Toyota said:
im throwing in my line lock soon on my 95tt & trac pump is already gone.

so its probably a good time to yank the ABS while im setting up the line lock.

so im looking for some tips or tricks to make this as painless as possible. there's gotta be an easier solution than running all new lines to the back.

AND ANOTHER ONE! Its so cool when you don't have ABS... You Guys Rock man :bigthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
please post some pics.
 

·
Making a ComeBack!
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Sound Performance said:
You dont have to run new lines to the back!! Both rear lines come all the way up front to a block on the frame rail right below the steering column!! EASY!!

The rear is sounds easy enough but what’s the easiest way for the front lines, any advise on the lines or location routing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
Everton when you do yours let me know how it comes out because I want to do it to my car also!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top