Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i would like to remove that piping and that "maf" i think thats what you would call it on the supras, lol. but i was wondering if my cousins car will run right without it?? i want to ass just a cone style filter instead of that honking unit, lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
ummm you kinda need the MAF. It's what tells you engine how much air in coming in so it knows how much fuel to use.

·
Registered
503 Posts
well how can i use it and have a cone style filter on it, lol
take off the airbox on the end of it, and buy an adapter that bolts to the end of the AFM check ebay or the forsale section on this site.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
i made my own adaptor... just took a piece of 3" pipe 2 inches long and a metal plate, a drill press and welder :) but then again im a do-it-yourselfer kinda guy.

just check ebay for air filter adaptors for a TURBO (na wont match at all) adaptor for the supra and buy an air filter from an auto parts store, speed shop, or ebay as well... easy as that, but dont remove the MAF or else your car wont be doing more than 2500 rpm and will run richer than the monopoly man

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
stock airbox isn't that restrictive

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know it may not be restirctive i just want to clean things up under the hood. and plus my cousins bought some large intercooler piping, lol. so i need as much room as i can get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts