Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When removing the charcoal canister on the mk IV. What's the procedure? Especially what to do with the two hoses? One comes from the fuel tank I assume (don't know which) and one goes to the intake (I think). So what about putting a filter on the tank hose and close the hose for the intake? Correct?
The middle hose is already 'gone' because of the single turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Figure out which hose goes to the tank by blowing back through it and listening or having someone listen at the fuel cap. Put a hose on that one and connect it to the vent line originally connnected to the charcoal canister at the bottom of the canister. That vent line dumps out under the car. I bought a fuel filter and put the filter directly down into the vent line and then ran a hose from the top of the filter to the tank vent line -- had to buy a filter to fit the vent line, then take a knife and slice off the barb portion on the other end so that the same size hose that fits the hard line would slip over the largish nipple on the filter -- you'll see what I mean if you buy a filter to fit the vent line.

You may need to bend the hard lines a bit to make them look nice and neat. Cap everything else off unless you have already disconnected them as part of the single install. I capped mine for appearances sake.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts