Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Ok, I’m planning on taking out the cruise control because one, I don’t ever use it, and two, I cannot stand that throttle line running across the whole engine bay! Anyway, to remove the cable can I simply detach it from where it hooks into the “control box” or will I experience any problems. I guess I’m just trying to ask can I simply remove the cable, or will I have to remove the whole assembly? Thanks for any info!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the entire control box and cable and haven't had any problems.

·
Administrator
17,237 Posts
PictureMeRollin,

After you remove the underhood portion of the cruise control assembly, if you'd like to sell it, please let me know. My car no longer has the underhood portion of the CC system, and I'd like to re-introduce it to my car. Thanks!

Steve T.
[email protected]

PictureMeRollin said:
Hi. Ok, I’m planning on taking out the cruise control because one, I don’t ever use it, and two, I cannot stand that throttle line running across the whole engine bay! Anyway, to remove the cable can I simply detach it from where it hooks into the “control box” or will I experience any problems. I guess I’m just trying to ask can I simply remove the cable, or will I have to remove the whole assembly? Thanks for any info!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
once you remove the CC you can also remove the CC ECU. its behind the dash on the drivers side. by the vent on the left.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Do i have to take the dash apart to take the cruise conttrol ecu/box out? And which one is it . Thanks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
k bringing back an old thread because this is the only one that matches my inquiry. exactly How do i remove the cruise control system from the underhood portion to the button that activates it?

the reason i ask is to see if there's anything to watch out for and to proceed safely. according to the post above, i can just pull out the cc ecu and wires and it'll be fine?

this is for the 93.5 na auto too

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
Re: Re: Removing Cruise Control

Steve Theodore said:
PictureMeRollin,

After you remove the underhood portion of the cruise control assembly, if you'd like to sell it, please let me know. My car no longer has the underhood portion of the CC system, and I'd like to re-introduce it to my car. Thanks!

Steve T.
[email protected]
Steve, i'm local, ive had mine for sale forever. Infact is already boxed up waiting to be shipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts