Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Boost4fun
1,931 Posts
Don´t know if there is a "manual" flying around in here..
Here the basic steps:
1. Disconnect the ECU and pull the harness through the firewall. You remove it together with the engine
2. Dismount all needed water and air hoses and remove the radiator
3. Disconnect all relevant electrical connections (e.g. alternator, starter, etc.)
4. Remove the exhaust, the driveshaft and better also the shifter
5. Dismount the clutch slave cylinder (if manual) or the connectors of the automatic
6. Unscrew the tranny holder and the engine mounts
7. Pull the engine

I hope I haven´t forgotten anything now :scratch: But these are the major steps IIRC

· SupraForums Sponsor
4,456 Posts
I have a thread around here somewhere...just search for my username. I think it is buried in the stickies up top somewhere actually.

Hope that helps.

Take Care

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don´t know if there is a "manual" flying around in here..
Here the basic steps:
1. Disconnect the ECU and pull the harness through the firewall. You remove it together with the engine
2. Dismount all needed water and air hoses and remove the radiator
3. Disconnect all relevant electrical connections (e.g. alternator, starter, etc.)
4. Remove the exhaust, the driveshaft and better also the shifter
5. Dismount the clutch slave cylinder (if manual) or the connectors of the automatic
6. Unscrew the tranny holder and the engine mounts
7. Pull the engine

I hope I haven´t forgotten anything now :scratch: But these are the major steps IIRC

would it really be easier to take out the ecu harness? or take off all connections in the engine and pull those to the side?

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know, i agree with pulling the harness out, looks sooooo much easier to do that. the hole in the firewall is farely big, so it won't be so hard to pull the connections through or stick it back in. thanks guys.

oh, what's the reason for pulling the clutch slave cyclinder?

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
you know, i agree with pulling the harness out, looks sooooo much easier to do that. the hole in the firewall is farely big, so it won't be so hard to pull the connections through or stick it back in. thanks guys.

oh, what's the reason for pulling the clutch slave cyclinder?
Don't have to remove it, just make sure you get the line off.

Dont forget to disconnect the ground straps and the fuel line from the filter going to the dampener.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.