What steps are needed to remove the engine from a MKIV? Or is there any threads, or instructions available?
Don´t know if there is a "manual" flying around in here..
Here the basic steps:
1. Disconnect the ECU and pull the harness through the firewall. You remove it together with the engine
2. Dismount all needed water and air hoses and remove the radiator
3. Disconnect all relevant electrical connections (e.g. alternator, starter, etc.)
4. Remove the exhaust, the driveshaft and better also the shifter
5. Dismount the clutch slave cylinder (if manual) or the connectors of the automatic
6. Unscrew the tranny holder and the engine mounts
7. Pull the engine
I hope I haven´t forgotten anything now :scratch: But these are the major steps IIRC
Don't have to remove it, just make sure you get the line off.you know, i agree with pulling the harness out, looks sooooo much easier to do that. the hole in the firewall is farely big, so it won't be so hard to pull the connections through or stick it back in. thanks guys.
oh, what's the reason for pulling the clutch slave cyclinder?