Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to changine my injector o-rings and stuff (leaky seals). I was wondering if someone had a step by step write up on how to remove the intake manifold. I know the TSRM has a picture, but it's not as good as having a write up. I searched SF to no avail. Please help me. I don't want to get lost doing it. Thanks in advance.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really, thats a relief. Will I have to remove the fuel rail too? How long does it take for someone to remove the throttle body. Sorry, I'm mechanically new to the game.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
IIRC, there is 4 bolts and 2 coolant lines connected to it. You are also going to need to remove the ISC and its hose to get down there. There are 3 bolts holding down the fuel rail. I think you can move the rail back enough to get the injectors out without unbolting the metal lines, but im not sure on that since ive never done it.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help. it shouldn't be too hard then. i think I should have enough time to do it this weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
jcrapps said:
thanks for the help. it shouldn't be too hard then. i think I should have enough time to do it this weekend.

Here's a tip, get a friend to help you out too. The coolant hose, cold start injector line and the injector is a pain in the ass to detatch and re-attach, so you will need someone to support the unbolted air charge tank (upper intake manifold + throttle body) while you can access those hoses and lines. Use the LONGEST pair of pliers to access the clamping clips that hold the hoses, because you have little space to fit your hand in the gaps to reach them.

When attaching the cold start injector line back on, make sure you tighten that nut good, otherwise it will spray fuel when you crank the motor.

TRY TO BE CAREFUL with the gasket that goes between the lower and upper intake manifolds. It can easily snap and you will have idle and boost problems if it does. Try to order a new gasket just in case.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
i have a pair of pliers with a 45degree slanted nose, and they work wonders for putting back on the hose clamps.

You will need a new gasket for the TB.

In addition you will have to remove the sensor next to the TB. I forgot what it is because I just woke up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts