Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Inline for the win
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the proper way to remove side skrits that are only molded at the bottom of the door seam? I want to remove so they can be resold to another individual. However, I don't want to damage them in the removal process.

Any suggestions?

DP

·
Inline for the win
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any body shop experts? exvelocity?

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
remove all the hardware ,that holds it around the wheelwells and underneath ,check if there are screws or riverts that maybe were covered by molding,cause alot of shops will use rivets or screws and leave them there,but if you look very close ,you will see the outline of the screw head or rivet in the paint,that is if the paint has a nice finish/gloss in that area,if you notice the riverts/screws,you must remove them,after they're out,start slowly,very slowly pulling the side skirt up,if there were no riverts there maybe doublesided tape,that was used to hold it,so just take it easy,it should come off fairly easy.good luck,you might wanna get one of your buddies to give you a hand,cause you have to pull up the whole skirt without twisting it ,to prevent the paint from cracking
Stefan

·
Inline for the win
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Stefan.

·
HKS Twins
432 Posts
If your sides are molded at the door seams you will have to get the door jam resprayed. Simply follow Exvelocitys directions but of course the filler that was used will be seen and will look freakn ugly. You should try to sell the sides to the customer to make things easier because it will cost you some money to respray the jam and repair/remove all that bondo.

·
Inline for the win
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turtlespd said:
If your sides are molded at the door seams you will have to get the door jam resprayed. Simply follow Exvelocitys directions but of course the filler that was used will be seen and will look freakn ugly. You should try to sell the sides to the customer to make things easier because it will cost you some money to respray the jam and repair/remove all that bondo.
Turtlespd,

The car is getting brand new body kit which will include side skirts. I just stuck in a debate which one I want, Do-luck, explosion or hybrid Whifblitz kit? You guys will know when I post the pics of it coming out of the bodyshop in April (It doesn't go into the shop till March 04' since its getting motor/drivetrain stuff right now).

DP

J

·
0 Posts
the process we use at my parents shops is very easy: unscrew everything, then pull it....haha....easy as pie....the bondo will crack and then your side skirt is free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts