Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in he process of changing the clutch on my JZA70 (R154 transmission). I've drained my transmission fluid, removed my exhaust system, removed the shifter, and removed the driveshaft (Easiest part of the whiole procedure :) ). I understand that I also have to remove the clutch fork. I tried, but failed the first time, after some research I understand that I should just be able to pull it out, so I'l do that next. I also have to remove the reverse light switch from the side of the transmission, as well as the speedo cable.

Is there anything else that I have to remove? I thought I heard that the starter has to come out, but I'm not sure.

Also, when I got the car, the shifter bushing was destroyed. There was nothing left of it. I've since replaced it, and it's tightened up the shifting really well, but I think that while the shifter was loose, the previous owner ground up a bunch of stuff in the transmission. It's really hard to shift into 1st, 2nd and reverse. When I drained the oil, I got a bunch of metal shavings in the drain plug (I assume it's a magnetic plug). While it's out of the car you think it would be a good idea to tear it down, and replace anything that's worn out in it? Or would a fluid flush be good enough?

Oh, and I punched out my cat while I had the exhaust off. Hopefully that will make the car a little more fun :)

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Yes you need to remove the starter for the transmission to come off and the slave cyclinder line... aight peace :chicken:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts