Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got a question,

I unbolted the main oil line off the stock turbo from the block.

Now there is a little line coming off this main big one that also looks like it attaches to the block...how the hell are you supposed to get this off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
It attaches to your block right in front of the oil filter location. It is a banjo bolt attachment. Like supra8795 says, 17mm socket. Shouldn't be too hard. IMO, it's easier than the main oil drain.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Atlease I could see the main oil line, i can't even see this bitch.

·
Registered
789 Posts
it's right next to your stock oil pressure sensor, it actually wraps around it. be very careful not to bend that damn line at all! maybe it's just me but i bent mine and the banjo bolt would not go back in for the life of me...so i bought braided SS lines from jblmk3.

i found it was easiest to use the following assortment of extensions, swivels, etc:

shortwell 17mm socket to swivel to 20"extension to swivel to 8" worth of extensions to 1/2"drive. i needed some conversions in there also but if you have enough extensions/swivels for 1/2" drive go for it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God and everyone said the main oil lines were the hardest, atleast you can see that. I can't even SEE where to point a socket at! Would it be easier just to undo the bolts underneath the turbo...seems like turbo would come off the lines if those 2 nuts were taken out.

·
Registered
789 Posts
why have to re-seal that when you shouldn't have to. It's tough cleaning off the remains of the stock gasket on the turbo. plus it's by far easier to put it back together with the oil lines already attached to the turbo.

MK3Brent said:
AN fittings for the win.
hell yes!

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Lord Mike said:
God and everyone said the main oil lines were the hardest, atleast you can see that. I can't even SEE where to point a socket at! Would it be easier just to undo the bolts underneath the turbo...seems like turbo would come off the lines if those 2 nuts were taken out.
Good luck with that! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts