Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any before and after ETs and MPH from the track when doing this? Please include approximate air temp at the time and which turbo you were running.
Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
i would say that to maximze the effect of pulling the headlite out is to make sure that you have one of those boxes around your in take...cold air box, or max air box watever their called...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lonestar Dawg said:
Does anyone have any before and after ETs and MPH from the track when doing this? Please include approximate air temp at the time and which turbo you were running.
Thanks
Its been a while on this one, but when Rhys Millen was still active in his Supra he went from 1.0 bar to 1.2 or so. This is approximate. I'm another one to vote for the cool air box, though.....

·
3,148 Posts
I believe most of the gain from removing the headlight is because of the cool you can get vs. the hot air from an open element filter. With the "MAX AIR" you will already be getting most of this gain without removing the headlight. Without a "MAX AIR" you will probably get a gain from removing the headlight.

Later, Steve

·
0 Posts
It's hard to say. I ran a 13.0 @ 116. When I pulled the light out I ran a 12.7 @ 118.75 w/ a 1.0 RT. Hopefully I can get more practice when it gets warm here, I'll no for sure then.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Were you competing in Class 1? The name "2ntense" doesn't ring a bell. =) I ran with my headlight out as well. I can't comment on it's effect as my setup was different than last yr when I kept it in.

John H

2ntense said:
It's hard to say. I ran a 13.0 @ 116. When I pulled the light out I ran a 12.7 @ 118.75 w/ a 1.0 RT. Hopefully I can get more practice when it gets warm here, I'll no for sure then.

·
0 Posts
Yes I was in class 1. I have never been on the forums until I got back from Texas. Someone let me borrow there 10mm to take out my headlight. Was it you?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I vaguely remember someone asking me for tools, but I had all my gear in the back of a friend's car - sorry. What's your name? Which car?

John H

2ntense said:
Yes I was in class 1. I have never been on the forums until I got back from Texas. Someone let me borrow there 10mm to take out my headlight. Was it you?

·
0 Posts
My name is Bryan. I have the lighter than red bpu 94. I don't think you gave me the 10mm then because I thought the guy pulled it out of his own car. I only made it to round 2 then lost to the guy who lent me the 10mm :( aw well

Bryan

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
3 bolts..3 clips...5 minutes....no decrease in potential performance..but more then likely a increase....and at very least the same. Why not take it out. And it will definitely improve performance on the dragstrip. As will running max tire pressure in the front tires, pulling trac fuse, running 100 unleaded race fuel...then reset ecu, running fresh set of NGK 3330s, and running pulled hose..no ebc. :) All very easy things to do at track...nd definitely do help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts