Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sounds like a former 5.0 Mustang owner to me:D . I looked at how to route it last year but never came up w/ anything. I'm going to try to figure something out this week.

S

·
0 Posts
anyone remove or swap to a manual rack yet... I've done a few searches... still nothing solid?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have got the manual rack , Its from a 1980 horizon (omni ) Im having some issues with routing a belt , since I have removed AC also !!!

As soon as its done I will post the How to !

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
2800 !!! Wow, that's RX-7 weight. The car must feel like its ready to fly.

Share some of those weight savings tricks.

S

·
0 Posts
VENEMOUS TT said:
I have got the manual rack , Its from a 1980 horizon (omni ) Im having some issues with routing a belt , since I have removed AC also !!!

Awesome, send me some info once you get it up and running. thanks!

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
VENEMOUS TT said:
Im still slowly working on it , since have decided to remove AC which has complicated the situation . I will be in the 2800lb range for sure
:stickpoke does your car still look like a car? post some pics of it... i know you've been removing alot of stuff if your trying to get to 2800lbs.... i dont think i could part with my a/c... power steering though i can do without :bigthumb: it be nice to drop almost 1k lbs off my car..not gonna happen though.

jay

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
VENEMOUS TT said:

is there any modifiy'ng you can do to tighten up a manual rack... I had a mustang that had a swapped manual rack in it... and it was loose as hell, and had tons of feedback on bumps and corners...

Good Luck with your car.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
and had tons of feedback on bumps and corners...

Good Luck with your car.
Just the feedback i'm looking for! The mkiv steering is somewhat "numb" in my experience. hopefully a manual conversion such as this allows a much better feel of the road!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts