Supra Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry , I have been outa town and real busy . I am hoping to get the kinks worked out this fall . The car will definately weigh 2800 !!!

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
I'd love to get a better steering feel from my car. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Some calls have been made in an attempt to get a pulley replacement , since there needs to be a pulley on tension where the PS and AC were . We will see what turns up .
J

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
VENEMOUS TT said:
Some calls have been made in an attempt to get a pulley replacement , since there needs to be a pulley on tension where the PS and AC were . We will see what turns up .
J
The power steering pump weighs 5lbs by itself w/o the pulley. WHy not bolt that back on? Don't hook anything else back up except for the pump and pulley. :)

G

·
Chucky Doll said:
The power steering pump weighs 5lbs by itself w/o the pulley. WHy not bolt that back on? Don't hook anything else back up except for the pump and pulley. :)

Good point. 5lbs shouldn't be a huge weight difference between fabbing a bracket and a pulley. And would be a temp fix to at least see what kind of feed back the manual rack will have.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I actually am fabbing a bracket to have adjustable alternator tension , some cars came with this type of tensioner !!

almost done ..........

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes, such as some nissans and hondas. It's not a big deal, easy to piece some stuff together to have a tension-adjusting alternator. If you are not running AC or power steering, I think the belt is a 360K6.

Driving on the power rack without the pump, is not bad at all. If you had to parallel park the car daily, maybe not... but it's not too rough.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have the belt its a 5060360 POLY COG by Dayton. Fits perfect . I have a few brackets to make for the new 10lb rack vs the OEM at 25lbs

John

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
^^^ so what rack are you running?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I must say that I has hoping to find an all aluminum rack , but it really wont get any lighter than this ......

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
what did you have to modify to make the omni rack to have it bolt on with no issues?

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,662 Posts
I feel ashamed to secondarily bump this but i have spent a very long time trying to figure this out.
Ive been wanting a manual rack conversion forever. The older thread died, this one died, has anyone successfully done this and can they provide and information/part numbers etc?

And yes i know joel grannas offers a badass manual rack but its a bit up there in price.
(Worth it)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I want to go with the complete manual rack and am interested in what Joel is offering (I think they are very nice), but do NOT want to give up AC. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have searched on here with several different query formats to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,662 Posts
I never knew that rack existed until you mentioned it.
I believe its the flaming river omni rack.
Honestly if I go through with it, that would be how.
Its perfect, however I might skip the manual rack depending on the 15:1 low speed turning effort on 1. A car above 3000lbs, and 275+ tire up front. For my racing there would be a decent amount of low speed turns and I really am not sure unless someone chimes in. The PS on the supra makes it so that i can turn a 90 degree uphill with 1 finger

21 - 39 of 39 Posts