Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I am starting to do an install on rear speakers. I have been researching how to take apart the rear panels to get at the speakers, but have not found any details on how to do this. All anyone says is.."remove all the rear panels". Does any body have the details on how to do this, the order of removal of body pieces, etc.? I have broken too many interior panels on past cars, and do not want to f up my supra. I looked at how to take things apart last weekend, but did not want to start taking everything apart if I could get a bit more clarification.

Thanks!

·
road hazard
452 Posts
who ever said "remove all the rear panels"? you might have mistaken that for the front speakers. the rear speaker removal is very straight forward.

1) remove grill panel
2) remove speaker

the grill panel just pops off by using a flathead screwdriver. as for removing the speakers, my rear speakers were "glued" in by the factory in addition to 4 screws. after i removed all the screws, i just took a flathead screwdriver and pryed the speakers out. it took a little effort but they eventually came off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts