Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on putting in a 60mm boost or EGT gauge, in the vent, does anyone have any suggestions or any experience.
Thanks

Y

·
0 Posts
vent replacement

my camera is messed up right now or I would show you a pic of mine... you can usse the vent itself for a base you just have to take it apart and cut the back out then wrap your gauge with alittle bit of tape and it will fit in there perfect...

Y

·
0 Posts
TonyG said:
Is it a pain to run the wiring though?

No not at all the tubing for the vent is flexable and lets the wires slip right passed

A

·
0 Posts
I didn't even have to cut the back of the vent, just took the fins out. I have a 60mm Greddy A/F in there.

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Do you guys do anything to stop the air flow that is supost to come out the vent? It wont hurt anything, but it might make for some annoying noise having all that air being blown at the back of the gauge.

Y

·
0 Posts
Alpine97'TT6Spd said:
I didn't even have to cut the back of the vent, just took the fins out. I have a 60mm Greddy A/F in there.

your right you don't have to cut the back out but the gauge doesn't fit the same as if you do'' if you cut the back out you can use that piece to hold the gauge in place and you can even pivit it just like the vent. with out it your gauge is just hanging there.... if my camera was working I would show you a pic and you could see what i'm talking about. it looks just like the gauge was there from the factory. I did this for three of my gauges and it looks great... and for the question about the air flow from the vents it just increases the flow to the other vents, i haven't had any problems with the noise or the gauges.... if your really worried about the air flow you can do what a friend of mine did and reroute the vent to another location,,,, he sent his to under the radio.( aftermarket radio ) hope this helps seeeeeeee yaaaaaaaa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts