Supra Forums banner

removing stick on dash

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  puma 
#1 ·
when i bought my car it had a c/f "stick on" dash. in some places it is comming up and i have decided to take it off. when i do though the adhesive will still probably be on the plastic dash. anyone know how to get that stuff off? and also anyone have any tips for getting these things off? thanks in advance.

#3 ·
hardtopsilver said:
no theres no way well there is it will just look like ass unless you plan on painting it or getting another dash kit.
Exactly. I removed mine and got some of the panels to lookgood but the paint is just old so in some places it came off. Other places the tape wouldn't come off with hot water, a heat gun, goo gone, etc... So i had to sand it and strip it and get it ready for paint! Having your panels painted with a gun looks good.:)

#5 ·
I would do that because from what i've seen, painted panels look amazing when they are painted by pros. As long as its done to match the car or in black they look beautiful. But if you've got the $ a bodyshop will gladly sand, bondo, and paint your stuff for you.

#10 ·
When you get the pieces off take it to a paint shop. They will charge you 150 or less to paint your dash and it will look amazing. I've seen a black dash with a little bit of mettalic and it makes the interior look straight up clean.

-Corey

#16 ·
actually, i took a custom color, it's from a nissan, code 300. The flash makes it look more silver.

quick trick, instead of sanding everything, use a sandblast at low pressure. Makes it more even and it is easier and a lot easier on the arms.

puma

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.