Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I would've thought this must have been posted before, but I DID search and can't find it anywhere.

How do you get the stock box out?

I know where the bolts are, but there are 2 black wires, one on each side, that come out of the body right in front of the shock tower and go into the center of the sub box. It does'nt look like there is anyway to get the box out without cutting those wires.

Anyone help?

- Andy

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
Andy,

Those 2 wires goto your ABS sensors.

I removed the enclosure by taking a bare hacksaw blade, and slowly working it through the plastic until a relief hole was cut. Once the hole is cut, you can safely slide the wires through, and then lift the enclosure up, and out.

Brian

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
If you trace the wires into your inner plastic quater panels, there is a harness where you can disconnect them from, You just need to pull the plastic around the seats off. This can be difficult if you are inexperienced. DO NOT CUT THE ABS WIRES.

·
Registered
350 Posts
brianb said:
Andy,

Those 2 wires goto your ABS sensors.

I removed the enclosure by taking a bare hacksaw blade, and slowly working it through the plastic until a relief hole was cut. Once the hole is cut, you can safely slide the wires through, and then lift the enclosure up, and out.

Brian
That's exactly what I did, worked fine, you can't even see the cuts if you decide to put it back on later... ;)

·
Useless Member
717 Posts
Premier Panda said:
If you trace the wires into your inner plastic quater panels, there is a harness where you can disconnect them from, You just need to pull the plastic around the seats off. This can be difficult if you are inexperienced. DO NOT CUT THE ABS WIRES.
Anyone have pics of the harness??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts